nightmares - sam winchester

Sam×Y/n
Not dating!!

Sam's pov:
We all just got back from a hunt. It was a tough one because Y/n made a mistake and choked. Not taking
the open shot at the damn demon, and it ended up killing someone. I know she's gonna blame herself for this. She always does. But in a line of work like this, people die. and there's nothing we can do about it. "Hey sammy, what do you wanna eat?" Dean snapped me out of it. "Can you get me some ceaser salad or something?" I responded. "Rabbit food? you got it!" dean said in a sarcastic enthusiastic voice. "What about you y/n? You want anything?" I could hear the slight concern in his voice. He also knows her habit of blaming herself. "No, I'm good. I'm not hungry, thanks, though." she said. I mean, sure she sounded normal, but I know her. She's upset. "Alright, I'll be back in a minute," but before he left, he gave me the 'do something!!' eyes, and nodded towards her. Y/n was too busy looking out the window to notice. Dean then turned around and walked into the diner. I turned to face her in the back seat. She was on the left side, still looking out the window.

"Hey, y/n/n, you know what happened today isn't your fault, right?" it wasn't technically her fault. Me and Dean miss shots all the time. "Yeah, whatever, sammy. you and I both know I could have easily shot him. But I didn't, and now that poor girls dead." I wasn't expecting her to be so blunt with it. It surprised me a bit. I guess she saw my confusion in my face (I am kinda easy to read) because she continued. "I know you're just trying to help but don't. Sam, it was my fault and I have to deal with it." Before I could say anything else, dean opened the car door.

~time skip!! to the motel~

Y/n was reading on the couch while I was at the table doing research on my laptop. Dean was already out cold. He always got tired after eating pie, and he ALWAYS eats pie. I couldn't help but take glances at her every once in a while. She was just so pretty, with her hair that always framed her face in the right way, her e/c eyes skimming the pages of her book, and her damn lips parting everytime she read something interesting.... "Sammy? you done staring or?.." she trailed off. I didn't even realize I was staring. Shit.

"Uh, yeah, sorry.." My face became warm. God dammit. "Well, I am soo tired I need some sleep, you good if I turn out the light?" she said, I could hear the exhaustion in her voice. "Y-Yeah, yeah, it's all good!" Stop sounding stupid sam. "Okay goodnight sammy" she said with a soft smile, "night y/n/n".

I was still doing research when I noticed Y/n tossing and turning in her sleep "sa-sam?" she mutterd. I was thinking about waking her up when "SAM!?" she jumped in a full panic. Her breathing was fast and uncontrollable "Hey, hey it's okay. You are okay y/n. I'm right here" I practically ran to her side. I started rubbing my hand up and down her back and there were tears starting to stream down her precious face. "they, they took you away from me. I can't do it with out you. They took you like they took that girl I killed" she cried. I wanted to tell her how she didn't kill that girl today, that she's the best thing to ever happen to me. But it wouldn't be any use, she was inconsolable. "Cmon, come with me." I took her hands and lead her to my bed instead of the uncomfortable couch. "Lay down, I'll take the couch. Do you want water?" I didn't know what the hell to do if I'm being honest. "no no sammy please stay with me?" she looked up at me with her pleading e/c eyes. "Okay lay down. I'll be right next to you." And that's what I did. I cuddled up next to her, arms wrapped around her. My heart was beating out of my chest, shit I hope she doesn't notice. "thank you..." I heard her whisper. "It's no problem, you're safe here with me."

We both fell asleep there. Man, it was the best sleep I've had in ages. Dean is gonna make fun of me so hard tomorrow but it's worth it. She is so worth it.

(this is my first story ever so if you have any advice pleaseee I need it!!)