╔══ஓ๑13๑ஓ══╗

The dining room was filled with joyous talk lit by the candlelit, an elegant ambiance despite some of the unwanted guests

The dining room was filled with joyous talk lit by the candlelit, an elegant ambiance despite some of the unwanted guests. Everyone seemed to be on their best behavior for once, or they were forewarned.

Oliver zoned out, leaving his food untouched as he watched Felix and Belle giggle and laugh to one another on the other side of the table. The conversation he overheard Felix and Farleigh having earlier running thru his mind. It didn't truly occur to him before that Farleigh might actually be broke, that his aunt and uncle funded his lifestyle while also funding his mother's back in the states.

 A shiver ran up his spine as he felt the distinct feeling of eyes on him. he dragged his eyes away from the shinning couple and around the room, no one paying him even the slightest attention. except for Duncan at the very end of the table who loomed just in the shadows rather forlornly. But that feeling was still there, the unwelcoming eyes, the hairs on his neck began to rise in alarms. A sudden hand on his arm made him flinch and whip towards the offender. Venetia stared at him wide eyed, her sequin pink dress greedily taking any light it could. 

"Are you alright?" She whispered.

Oliver cleared his throat and nodded, looking away from her and back to Belle and Felix who were laughing behind their glasses at a brunette that was currently making a fool of herself in her attempt to seduce Felix. The girls beaked nose mother sneaking glances at her clearly with distain.

"Did Felix warn you off yet?" Venetia asks humored.

"What?" Oliver asks growing annoyed.

"You keep staring at them like a puppy desperate for a bone." she giggled, taking a rather unladylike drink of her wine.

"I'm just concerned that's all, they have drunk a lot tonight." Oliver defended.

"So disappointing." she laughed turning to look at her brother and chosen sister. "You are nothing more than a toy to them." 

Oliver took in the pout and creases on her shimmering face, the abundant jewels meant to hide her turmoil inside, he was sure. "You're upset." he stated.

"Oh, don't worry. I'm used to it. honestly." she nodded. "In a few months' time everything will be normal again." she smiled longingly, but sad. leaving Oliver confused as she turned to talk to a Henry next to her.

"Venetia, Venetia." he hissed trying to catch her attention. But was cut off by a rather loud and rude demanding tap on the table next to his hand. He turned to look at the woman next to him, Lady Daphne, her smile condescending and strained, as she squinted. "Me first. you're on my left." she ordered.

"I'm sorry. of course." Oliver mumbled, giving her his full attention.

・❥・

Lady Daphne sat on the couch next to the karaoke machine, rolling her eyes as her husband Henry made a complete fool of himself, belting the lyrics to Low as the room cheered him on.

Belle Buried her face into Venetia's neck to hide the laugh as Henry threw his coat on his wife's face. "Alright fuck this, I need a drink." Felix complained, patting belle's leg, to avoid burning her with his lit cig. Venetia got off Belle's lap and pulled her off Felix's "Us too." she sang, winking to her brother's girlfriend. Belle giggled, linking their fingers, leaving Felix to follow them to the drink table. The trio wasting no time downing a shot.

"Uh oh, your toys on the move." Venetia sang pouring them a second shot. 

Felix and Belle's eyes snapped over to the couch where Oliver and Farleigh were now inches from each other's faces.

"Farleigh knows better." Felix mumbled before downing the shot and turning to fix himself and Belle a much stronger drink.

"I would say he's growing rather comfortable." Belle hummed downing her own, the aged whiskey burning her throat on its way down. Farleigh turned to share a look with her as he got up and walked to the front, taking the microphone from Henry. 

"Ok, Well done, Henry. That was great." he boredly praised, paying the drunk no mind as he looked thru the menu for the next song. "Everyone, round of applause for Henry."

"Farleigh is acting like a shit stirrer again, isn't he?" Venetia asked, her words slurring, and she moved to Belle's side, pecking her cheek.

"Yes." Felix answered, handing belle her drink before gulping some of his.

"Okay. Now it's time to take things up a notch." Farleigh continued, cutting thru the applause as he typed in the song code. The New song came blasting thru the speakers as Farleigh dramatically turned towards the audience. "Er, okay, we have someone here who is a Very talented singer. He's your best friend, and mine." he praised, hyping up the audience. Before pointing to Oliver, "Oliver quick." He announced. 

They all clapped and cheered, falling right in step with the smooth charismatic lineup Farleigh set out for them, leaving no room for Oliver to object as he was pulled front and center with a microphone in hand.

"You dress me up I'm your puppet. you Buy me things I love it" He sang, relying on the screen for a song he did not know. Felix whistled, dancing with his hands in the air as Belle and Venetia began to dance in a poorly ballroom fashion, giggling as they stepped on each other.

"You bring me food, I need it. You give me love I feed it. And look at the two of us in sympathy. With everything we see." He continued, his voice more confident with the cheers from the group.

"I never want anything, it's easy. You buy whatever I need." The cheers began to dwindle quickly around the room as they began to realize what has happened. "But look at my hoped, look at my dreams. The currency we've spent."

Venetia halted their dance, a vindictive giggle passing her lips as she caught the next words. "I love you; you pay my rent." Oliver sang, his voice cracking.

"Wooo you tell em' " Farleigh whooped.

"Farleigh" Felix scolded.

"What?" Farleigh asks turning to him unbothered.

"This is your song as well, Farleigh. Come finish it." Oliver demanded, wanting Farleigh to feel as humiliated as him.

But in true Farleigh fashion, he wasn't only not bothered he had the crowd swooning once more as he ripped the microphone from Olivers sweaty hand and belted the lyrics, dancing across the floor as he proudly sang.

╚══ஓ๑❥๑ஓ══╝