╔══ஓ๑Dénouement๑ஓ══╗

Oliver should have known something was not right when Duncan came and escorted him to an office

Oliver should have known something was not right when Duncan came and escorted him to an office. But truth be told he was too preoccupied with how Belle looked. her attire was not what he expected for someone going to a funeral in a few. She was adorned in black yes, but she was dressed, well like herself. it was a short black dress, dark tights, and red bottom heels. and her lips were back to her signature red. Gone was the haunted look. 

"ah Ollie" She greeted, putting a stack of papers she was holding down, grabbing a prepared glass of red wine from the desk, and walking towards him.

"You look well." He smiled warmly. taking the glass from her "None for you?" he asked, she usually preferred red.

She giggled shaking her head "White today for me" She answered, walking back towards the desk, gracefully picking the crystal glass up before turning to lean against the desk.

She took a long sip, her eyes watching him over the rim of her glass till Oliver followed suit, the taste feeling more bitter than usual, a warm tingle shooting all over his body as he swallowed, he shivered involuntarily.

"Are you ready for today?" he asked kindly "I know it's been very hard lately." he sadly smiled.

"Yes." she hummed standing straight. "Things have seemed to gotten out of hand, haven't they." her head tilted, the blue in her eyes darkening.

Oliver pitifully smiled before taking another large gulp to escape her eyes, he felt they would set him alight where he stood. "They are in a better place, less pain." he offered.

there it was again, that look he hadn't seen since school. the dead doll.

He fought back a flinch at her abrupt laughter. She shook her head setting her glass down.

"Oh Oliver." she purred, there was a very dark look in her eyes when she turned back to him, a crooked smirk on her lips. He was beginning to feel as if he was on trial.

"Have-have I said something to upset you." he meekly asked, he couldn't recognize her at this very moment. this wasn't his Annabel Lee.

"Said something?" she asks, her head tilting mockingly.

Oliver downed the rest of his glass before setting it down and taking a step towards her, "You aren't acting like yourself love." He tried "Should I call for someone?" he asked worried for her safety.

"I am just fine." she hummed "Perfect even. Everything is just perfect." she bit her lip as she smiled. Her eyes moved to something behind him, her smile widening. Oliver turned to look but was shoulder-checked by the taller man as he passed him. 

Oliver's eyes widened as he stared at the back of what should have been a ghost. Belle giggled, throwing her arms around the man's neck, her polished nails gripping his blonde hair "I have missed you." she moaned, connecting their lips.