Chapter 19

"Stained, coffee cup" Liam, Zayn, Niall and Louis sang into their individual microphones up on the small stage. Their sound check had been going on for a couple of hours now, singing each song at least three times. I had never heard any of their music before and after they came back into our lives. But, now I was confident I could sing every song word for word.

Harry hadn't shown up, he was on his way until Louis had told him I was here with Delilah, and then he hung up the phone. I had offered to leave, it making sense I go because they needed Harry here. But, they all declined a few of them calling him names under their breath. I told Delilah everything that happened, about Harry, Will and even Theo. She used her own choice of words, and threatened a few things.

Niall found out about mine and Harry's fight, either from Dee or Harry. He tried to apologise on Harry's behalf, but I waved him off. Harry was a grown man who can apologise for his own words and actions himself. Niall had laughed knowing he would never apologise, but Harry has said sorry, like that day when I surprised him at his flat.

It's been a week since I last saw Harry, a week since I last saw Will. It was strange not seeing Will, strange how little I was phased by it. How unbothered I was by his presence no longer being in my life. 

University has been amazing, I've finally completed my first piece but completely changed my mind on my last two. Louis has been helping me, constantly giving ideas or just showing an interest. A simple gesture, but one that meant the world.

I kept Harry's harsh words in my mind, how I forgave people too easily. And, perhaps that's why I have been no contact with Will since that night at the bar. Although I know a week isn't a long period of time, I just thought after a year of seeing someone almost everyday I would feel more unsettled. 

I guess like I did when Harry left.

Me and Louis haven't spoken about my confession that night, but he would constantly look at my forearm. It had left an impressive bruise, that forced me to wear long sleeve tops for the first few days. It has shrunk now, and faded into a yellow/ brown colour that could have been caused by anything. It's strange what has happened in this week, my life that I knew completely flipped but yet, I feel the most content I have for a while.

Lou had been coming round with Niall, keeping me company whilst Niall and Dee were, you know. He also had tried to apologise on Harry's behalf and I yet again told him to stop. It was Louis who had invited me to come along today, I think it was an attempt to get Harry to say sorry himself, but he was clearly avoiding me. I was looking forward to the concert tonight, actually being able to enjoy it unlike the first one I came too.

"Is that okay?" Zayn shouts over to the small music booth, in the centre of the wooden floor.

The man doesn't respond just gives a thumbs up. Without any hesitation the boys put their microphones back into the stands. Niall pulls his guitar off over his head, placing it on a large black rack, that held over instruments. They all walk down the stage steps, meeting me and Dee on the floor where we sat on pull out chairs.

"Thank fuck for that" Liam states, grabbing some bottled water.

"Do you not like sound checks?" I ask, slightly confused.

Still sipping on the water, he shakes his head. "It's not that I don't like it, its just annoying singing the same songs over and over." He finally responds, swallowing.

"Understandable" I nod.

"Oh by the way, because theres no seating in this venue you girls will be stood with the sound guys" Lou advises, also holding a plastic water bottle in hand.