Chapter 23

Harrys Pov

The drive back from Katie's was shit. The whole journey consisted of me wanting to pull a U turn and head back to her house. To be fair the car ride from the industrial estate to her house was one I never wish to relive. 

The problem was with me, I know that. But, I just don't know what to say in response to her anymore. She was someone who I could talk to anything and everything about, and I'm pretty sure that went the same way for her. 

I guess I'm just finding it hard to believe that after everything she's still opening up. Not running the other way like she should do. i know I could turn the other way, stop getting in contact, stop the guys from inviting her to things. I just can't help myself though, I can't help but want to be in her presence. And it's not until I realise that, that I do something to push her away again. 

That night wasn't like that though, not like how it was when I left her at the bar, or like when I showed up to her uni. I just didn't know what to do in that situation. But, apparently I thought it best to muster up the three most stupid words in human history. So, I'm not shocked we didn't speak, or that she didn't say goodbye when she left. Or  the fact that she never looked back not once, while I waited making sure she got into her building okay. 

It's been about two days now since it happened, and I'm not sure what to do about it. Not sure if I should carry on with this whole favour thing or just leave it now. It was just an excuse to see her, an excuse to be with her again. I would say it's like how it used to be but its not even close. It never will be. Not with everything that has happened since. 

We have our final London show in three days, and it's at our biggest venue yet. Completely sold out, and Rob is on all of our dicks about it. The five of us have been rehearsing all day everyday for it. We made the setlist longer than normal, hoping it will cause more buzz if we play songs we usually wouldn't. Rob, hoped it would cause buzz.

He had hoped a lot of things would have happened, but they hadn't. I genuinely think he believed we would be selling out arenas by now. Like we didn't have to work for what we got. I can't speak for everyone, but I was happy with the fame we had collected. Everyone being at our gigs because they actually wanted to be. Not because it was something everyone else was going to. 

We got to stay more in touch with our fans this way, and kept us away from unwanted eyes. It wasn't enough for him though, not enough that we had managed to sell out venues outside of the UK. Or the fact we had booked six venues in London. 

I would say I didn't like Rob, that he was some egotistical ass, who was only in this business for money. But, he got us to where we are now. He introduced us to Zayn and Liam, which was one of his best managing decisions. I'm not entirely sure where he recruited them but I know they knew each other before the band.  My guess is college or something like that, like how I knew Lou and Niall. 

I do wonder how Niall did it. Got someone as stubborn and argumentative like Dee to forgive him, in what felt like seconds. I honestly think they have been completely normal since they were first reunited. But then again, maybe that's what you do when you love someone. You move on from it. 

I know Niall never moved on though, never even spoke to another girl after we left. I found it strange how they were never official back then, and yet he acted like they had been married. 

They had all gone out tonight, Delilah included. Im not sure if bird was there, I didn't ask. Didn't wait for an offer of going with them, just left once we had done rehearsing. Back in my flat that has hardly been lived in, because I hadn't been here. Back with that crappy painted door. Painted with my neighbours paint because I had no idea what else to use, or do with it.