Chapter 22

It took Harry five hours to give me a date of the dreaded driving lesson. And now I'm five minutes away from getting in his car and driving it. Luckily Harry is picking me up from mine, so I don't have to make my own way into personal hell. I was also pleasantly surprised when Harry had let me know himself when he was next free. Well kind of, he had rung me off Niall's phone that evening to tell me he would pick me up tomorrow. 

All other messages had been delivered through Niall. And by all other I mean Niall came in my room to tell me harry was on his way, and I needed to get ready. A bit insulted by his comment because I thought I looked fine and had no need to 'get ready'.  But, I did need to change my shoes, because my current slipper situation was not going to cut it. I had researched the best shoes to drive in, because I had absolutely no idea what was good and bad. Deciding that trainers are my best option, I've opted for my converse. 

I now have minutes to pace up and down the hallway, until I hear the dreaded buzz at our door. I can feel Dee and Niall's eyes on me as I step ridiculous amounts throughout the house. 

"Babe chill it's just a car" Dee talks up. 

"Yeah in central London" I state. 

"Harry won't take you on the roads Picasso. He'll find an empty car park" Niall joins in our conversation. 

I change my route and walk over to them in the lounge, throwing myself on the sofa not occupied by Delilah and Niall. "I shouldn't have suggested a driving lesson, it was just the only thing I could think of" 

"What do you mean, 'it was the only thing' you could think of." His face muddled. 

I had told Delilah about mine and Harry's now stupid deal, when I thought it was a good idea. And just assumed she would have told Niall. I didn't really want to explain because I am now realising how pathetic this whole ordeal is. But, I can't help but just want to spend my time with him, and I feel like this is the only way I'm able to. 

I am completely aware of how desperate I sound, but when I was expecting to never see someone in my life again. And now they have miraculously sprung back into it, I feel like I need to do something to hold onto them. Plus, if Harry didn't want to spend his time with me, I don't think he would have agreed to do so. 

Or maybe I'm just delusional. 

"Me and Harry have this favour for favour deal going on. And I don't want to be the first to give in." I explain, partially lying. 

"So.. you doing whatever Harry wants means you're winning?" 

"Well he has to do what I say in return." 

His brows furrow and he gives a small nod "And what did Harry have you as his favour?" 

"Wash his car" 

"Yeah you're the one loosing Picasso." He chuckles as he speaks, earning him a jab from Dee. 

"Well no, because he has to take me driving" I argue back. 

"Katie... Harry has given you a lift and now letting you drive his car round some empty car park. Where as he literally had you doing manual labour" 

I don't reply because he's actually right. Well right so far. I wanted to give credit to Harry because I had only done one thing for him, and if anything someone teaching me how to drive, would be pulling the shortest of all straws. But, I'd have to agree that washing someones car is not an equal favour to a lift home. 

"What do you suggest then?" 

"Do this normally, and see what he asks next. If it's something stupid again, either do a half arsed job. Or ask him to do something ridiculous"