{15- A Break}

"The other thing about depression is it kind of collapses time. Suddenly you find your whole days blending together to create one endless and suffocating loop. And eventually all you can think about is how life has always been this way. But the absolute worst part of depression is that even though you know you're depressed. You're unable to stop yourself from getting worse." -Rue. It's no surprise I've always been able to relate to Rue and Marcus from two different tv series.

The half Korean Mexican girl took a bite of her melon popsicle while standing on the beach

The half Korean Mexican girl took a bite of her melon popsicle while standing on the beach. The water brushed against her toes as she stood there eating in peaceful silence. For once she couldn't hear the overwhelming voices and thoughts in her mind that would regularly consume her. Sometimes she didn't know if taking medication for her depression was actually helping or making it worse. There were days where she didn't feel anything at all, she felt numb. She felt like an empty doll plastering a happy front just for others not to worry about her. Other times when she didn't take it she felt really happy and content with her life. She loved being able to feel the roller coaster of emotions, it made her feel alive. It gave her a purpose for wanting to keep on living. She spent years not feeling anything other than numbness because of her depression. Now that she's in an okay spot she feels calm and relaxed. Of course apart from having certain people always wanting to ruin her peace. Taking the last bite of her popsicle she took a deep breath of fresh air. Her green blue eyes shining brighter upon seeing the sunrise. Just by the looks of it she could tell it was past six in the morning. Her phone had died a few hours ago leaving her with no communication with anyone. Times like these she didn't mind at all. Her grandfather had taught her how to appreciate the times and moments without any phones or any communication with social media.

Just you and the moment, it always felt so refreshing to her. It eases her mind whenever she gets the chance to just spend time with nature and enjoy the moment. Standing here watching the waves and seeing the sunrise brought hope in her and gave her strength to keep moving forwards. The time she spent away from Bada she tended to always come back to this beach whenever she was having a hard time. It sounded cliche but Bada's name in Korean meant Ocean or Sea. Bada has always been her safe place and someone she could call home. Which is why she always came back to it, even if she didn't realize it at the moment. Pushing the hood off her head she ran her fingers through her long blonde hair as she watched the bright sun rising. It looked so beautiful and heavenly. The last time she remembers seeing the sunrise was with her grandfather years ago. They sat on the rooftop of his concrete camp, it was a bit dangerous but Leah made sure to hold him tightly as they sat on the edge. By the time her parents got up both of them got scolded for being up there knowing how dangerous it was. Both grandfather and granddaughter looked at one another bursting out in laughter. They were mostly laughing at the fact that Maria, his daughter, was scolding her own father. A chuckle left Leah's lips remembering the cute sweet memory of her grandfather.