Easter

"Babe." You groaned when you heard your kids excitedly talking outside your bedroom. "Billie." You shoved your wife a little harder which effectively woke her up.

She sat up with a grunt and rubbed her tired eyes. "What?" Her raspy voice made you smile. You reached out and rubbed her back before pressing a kiss to her shoulder blade.

"The kids are up." You whispered to her.

"Why?" She whined.

You chuckled and moved closer to kiss her cheek. "It's Easter, what did you expect?" You asked sarcastically.

It took you almost 10 minutes to finally get Billie out of bed — the both of you dressed and once you exited your bedroom — your kids were all over you with excitement. You yawned, not prepared for the day, but you led your two kids outside. Last night you had Billie plant plastic eggs all around your backyard so you wouldn't have to do it in the morning.

Which payed off since Billie was walking as do her soul left her body. You physically had to pull her with you. Your son and daughter, Will and Amelia, had their baskets clutched tight in their little hands. The second you opened the sliding doors, they darted out and began the search. You laughed at their enthusiasm before guiding your sleepy wife over to the patio where you proceeded to sit her down and crawl into her lap.

"Where the kids?" She grunted out, you looked at her like she didn't just help you guide them out the house.

"Are you awake yet?" You ran your hand through Billie's hair, ignoring her question. Hesitantly, she nodded but around 2 minutes later, you could hear her soft snores leaving her mouth. Her head was crashed in your chest and her arms were instinctively wrapped around your waist.

Smiling at the cute sight, you turned your eyes to your children who were helping each other gather the eggs up. You knew today would be an amazing Easter.