Skin to Skin

You pushed the door open of your shared bedroom and spotted Billie sitting on the bed, straight up with her arms crossed over her chest. "Hey, baby. You have a good day today?"

"No." Billie pouted before opening her arms with a small frown on her face. "You've been gone for so long."

You giggled at the sad, baby voice she used. Without hesitation, you crawled into her arms and laid on her chest, your arms hugging hers after they wrapped around your waist.

"I'm sorry, honey, I had to work." You sighed contently as Billie stuffed her face in your fluffy hair. "I'm here now, baby."

"Thank God." You chuckled at Billie's exaggerated comment. A couple minutes pass by and you've been doing nothing but cuddling with Billie. It was her favorite past time and quite frankly — it was yours, too.

"Babe?" Billie called for you softly, the sun beginning to set through the curtains of your room. You looked up at her with a small smile. "Can we cuddle cuddle?"

You grinned and sat up, removing your shirt. "This answer your question, love?" You rhetorically asked. Billie grinned shyly before lifting her arms as you pulled her shirt off. Rolling over on your back, Billie turned the light off and turned the LED ones on instead.

You both shimmied out of your sweats and Billie laid down on her back, her arm grabbing your hips to pull you on top of her. Your arms lazily hugged her torso, your face stuffed in her bare chest.

Something you learned about your girlfriend over the time you've been dating her was that she loved physical contact. Specifically skin on skin contact. So whenever you were gone for too long, Billie longed for skin on skin cuddles with you. It was when her clingy side came out.

Billie felt her body completely relax as your soft supple skin lie on hers. Your warm touch enveloped her in a bubble of comfort and joy. Your fingers danced across her rib cage, gently soothing out the random bruises she got from being so clumsy.

Hers caressed the skin of your back, her breath slow and steady. Yours matched hers. The moon settled in the dark sky, casting a glow over your bodies that was covered by thin sheets to hide away hey remain cool at the same time.

"I'm glad you don't find my clinginess annoying." Your girlfriend commented, her voice barely above a whisper. Her voice was soft and sang like a songbird through your ears.

"I could never, bubs." You mumbled and with a slight lift of your head, the side of your head now lay on her shoulder. You looked up at her with loving eyes — Billie never failed to return the look. She had a dopey grin on her lips as well.

"Hm, I like being called bubs." She rolled you over again so you were laid flat on the bed on your back as she rested herself on top of you.

"I know." You squeaked out quietly. Your hands ran through her thick, silky hair. Hearing her slow breaths and the start of her cute snores brought a peaceful smile to your face.