Chapter Eight

Toms POV

Four days, it's been four days, 96 hours, and 5,760 minutes since I've seen my beautiful mate.

I don't know how I'm even functioning properly, she's always on my mind. I actually feel bad for my pack members. I've been taking all my anger and frustration out on them. I'm making them train extra hours for no reason and whenever someone asks me why I'm doing it I have them locked up.

Lucas knows why I'm doing it, he's a very close friend, that's why I'm glad he's my beta. He came over the day Emma left, once he saw that half of my house was destroyed he knew that she left me.

The only area in my house that isn't in pieces is my room because Emma's belongings are still in there.

I wonder what she's wearing if all her clothes are here. She's had to have gone shopping because she brought all of her things here when she moved.

I'm going to her house today, I can't take not seeing her it's driving me and my wolf crazy.

Lucas' POV
I've never seen him so upset, he's always been controlling but he's been busting our asses since Emma left. I thought she'd understand where he was coming from but she didn't. She just left him.

He told me he was planning on going to her house today but he was going to stop by a shop and buy her something first. I hope she comes back with him because I don't know how much more torture the pack can take, and from the looks of it Tom can't take much either.

Toms POV
I decided to let the guys in the pack rest so I sent them home early today, they looked relieved. I just needed to shower then go to my mate.

The shop I was going to is right next to the mall, I think I'm going to buy her a necklace that has our names engraved on it, or maybe a ring, I don't know I'll decide when I'm there, maybe I should take Lucas's sister with me she's the same age as Em. She has to come home with me, if she doesn't I don't know what I'll do.

Emma's POV
These four day have been the worst days of my life. I've stayed in bed most of the time. Mary's been nice enough to let me borrow some of her clothes until I felt good enough to go buy new ones. Tom's face hasn't left my mind once.

Whenever I close my eyes I see his eyes it's so hard not being with him but I'm to afraid of him, it's not right. I was brought out of my thoughts when Jace, my packs beta knocked on the door.

He asked if he could talk to me for a bit, I told him to come in and when he did the first thing he did was ask how I was, I told him I was fine but everyone in my house knew I wasn't. I looked like a lovesick loser. He asked me if he could take me shopping and help get my mind off my problem with Tom. I was hesitate at first but he convinced me to go. I got up and asked Mary for something other then pajamas and she gave me an outfit.

I looked...decent.

Jace was waiting in his car, I hopped in the seat next to him, the car ride was silent I didn't feel like talking and Jace didn't want to make me cry so we didn't say anything.

When we pulled up to the mall I saw my favorite shop was still closed so I decided we'd walk around until it opened. Jace said he needed to pick something up for himself so we stopped at a game shop and he bought something I don't know what he said it was called I wasn't paying attention to anything he was saying the only thing on my mind was Tom. We left the store and continued walking on the streets when I noticed a familiar car parking in front of a jewelry shop.

Toms POV
I picked up Anna, (Lucas's sister) and we were on our way to the jewelry shop, she asked me questions about Emma and I told her that she was the best mate a guy could ask for. Anna said that she wanted to meet her and maybe even be friends with her. I told her how nice, caring and beautiful Emma is, she smiled at the thought of her "heartless Alpha" being in love, Lucas and his family are the only ones who know what really happened, everyone else thinks I just killed my parents because I wanted to.