Lily and Monica

Chapter 1: Lily and Monica

   “Lily, wake up! It’s time for school.”

“Ok Monica I’m up already!”

Both of them woke up in an instant as the rays of the morning sun hit them through the curtains of their room.

The twins were getting ready for one more day at the Williams house, as both of them grew in this mansion for the last 12 years. After their parents died in a car accident 12 years ago leaving them behind in the age of 5 their aunt Elizabeth, a woman who surely in her past life, according to Monica was a man and a duke, took them in and allowed them to live at her huge mansion until their adulthood.

But their life would have been a lot better if they didn’t have the pranks of their cousins John and Emily, because they always considered the presence of the twins as a nuisance to their family.

But, the fact was that anyone could tell that the two girls were really beautiful, tall with long blonde hair and a really cute face. Their only difference was the color of their eyes, Monica had brown eyes, but Lily’s eyes had the color of the amber and sometimes under the sun they were shining bright; something completely different with the reality because Lily was born blind. Yes, and because of that fact she was the center of attention for her ‘dear’ cousins as she called them.

  “The breakfast has already been served” Lily murmured to her sister as they were going down the stairs.

“Well, I don’t mind if they start without us, they shouldn’t make it so early”, Monica answered annoyed with the lifestyle in this house.

“But whose fault do you think it is? We are late because I couldn’t take you away from the mirror!” Lily said and they both laughed as Monica held her while walking down the stairs.

They couldn’t get angry with each other anyway and that’s why they we always able to overcome all the difficulties they have faced so far.

“You are late!” said with a voice Emily and John as the girls came into the dining hall.

“Lily, Monica, please refrain from happening this again!” Aunt Elizabeth said strictly.

“Yes, aunt Elizabeth this will never repeat again” Lily answered instead of her sister, which was already eating her cereals quickly, and sat next to her taking with slow moves her fork in the one hand and with the other she searched for the pies.

“Good a little more right from the salt and left from the pepper” Emily said with a joyful expression in her face and her brother mimicked her.

The truth was that the only thing the cousins of Lily and Monica had in common was their bad and selfish behavior. Spoiled from the riches their mother had obtained from her business and living in the best house and of course going to the best schools, as also owning the best technology, from the cars to the clothes and much more.

Generally, they were plain in their appearances with black hair and brown eyes, “clones of each other” as Monica always was saying about them with a tone of irony written in her face. “It’s time for you to go I believe” Elizabeth said without looking anyone of them

“Yes mother.” Emily and John answered together and left leaving the twins alone with their aunt.

“Come Monica, we must go too” Lily said and got up slowly, taking her cane from the other chair.