The Northern Rebels

Chapter 23: The Northern Rebels

   I was floating into the air; the only thing I could remember was his hand on my cheek and his breath close to mine. Then, why? Why did that happen? Why didn’t I foresee the incoming attack?

I felt him pulling me to the ground and I felt my face hitting on the stones. Screams and many dying Heart Stones were around me. I moved my hands and felt someone near me; his face was cold and he wasn’t moving. I took him in my arms feeling his hair, the lines on his face, the lips I wanted to touch so much and the next thing I could remember were my screams and the Ebu petals covering me and Darth completely.

  Dings and Limon woke up and found themselves into a small, tidy room. Limon’s body was itching when he tried to move and then he realized that his wings were bandaged and he had lost some of his scales on his back and legs.

Dings was sitting near him with his left pawn bandaged too and was looking at him with dizziness.

 “Where are we?” Limon asked and looked around the room.

“I don’t know Dings, I only remember a great sound and a strong flash and suddenly everything became dark.”

“If we are here, then where are the others?” Dings asked and tried to walk on the floor hobbling around.

“I can’t sense Darth nearby, neither Lily nor Monica!” he realized frightened and tried to move but he fell on the bed again.

The door opened and Monica entered the room. Her face was bandaged in some parts, while her eyes were red from crying. She went to Limon, hugged his head and started to cry.

“Monica calm down, shhh its fine now, don’t cry.”

“Limon…Darth…he…” and more tears started to flow.

“Where is Lily?” Dings asked her.

“She is fine, she has only some bruises but she is fine. She is together with Fin trying to…”

“Wait a second. Did you say Fin? But he was supposed to…”

“Join the Northern rebels on the Northern Mountains?” a man’s voice came from the door and Limon and Dings saw Elemor standing before them, dressed ready for battle.

“It’s been a while.” he said and smiled briefly, walking close to the bed.

“How the hell did you end up here?” Dings asked surprised.

“After the Forest of the Nymphs, I traveled to the North and I got caught by the Rebels. I was sentenced to death but they realized the Priestess’s bracelet (and he showed his hand) existence and since then, I provide information and lead some of the troops to the battles. We were the ones who stole the Selemir Records, after all.”

“Elemor what happened to Nebolia? It was peaceful when we arrived and there were no enemy troops there.” Limon said with serious and worried face.

Elemor’s expression became painful and he advised them to follow him.

  They walked through small corridors into deep tunnels and passed many stairs until they reached a clear opening. They were inside a mountain, in fact three different mountains connected together through three different Ebu trees and three long tunnels which were leading underground from the one mountain to another.

Elemor told them that during the change of the night shift all of them appeared in front of the Ebu tree of the Third Mountain in a bad mess. They were taken away into different rooms: Limon, Dings and Monica in the Second Mountain, Lily on the First where Fin and the most of the researchers were staying and Darth on the Third for his medical care.