Countess Permer and the Last God

Chapter 19: Countess Permer and the Last God

  Selemir

 The intruders tried to escape by following the secret passages of the castle; they had to return back at all costs, together with the stolen items. The soldiers pursued them following the underground passages which were ending at the edge of the city, leading to the forest.

The robbers ran as fast as they could without looking behind, while a huge thunder made the sky completely dark, the sign of anger was clear to them.

   “Alright everyone! Let’s do the laundry!” and Monica carried the baskets, full of clothes to the river.

 After three weeks of continuing traveling they had reached the boundaries between Nevol’s territory and the Independent Feuds; a part of Denmor which survived from the expansionary of the King and it was ruled by the remains of the old aristocracy.

Some of them were Darvil; others were from Denmor; even so they were cooperating in order to maintain their independence at all costs. Darth thought that part of the land as a great hideout until Lily and the others could be able to move again.

But that was not his only problem; the children, which were traveling with them, were a pain on his head. They would always mess with their rooms, sneak into the storage, playing with his cargo, and still when Lily or Monica was near they would behave with the highest respect.

Now, he was calculating the remaining products that he could sell but the truth was that he needed new in a short time.

He got out of the wagon and went to the river; everyone were cleaning their clothes trying not to wet themselves but Limon had already splashed water on Monica and they were fighting into the water together with the kids. Some of the girls were helping Lily to carry the fresh washed clothes back to the river’s bank and he helped them carry them out.

“Are you feeling better?”

“Much better and I thought I could help you with the kids.” and Lily smiled

“Seriously we can’t have them with us for a long time. They will soon have to stay behind, you know the danger we are facing.” and he suffused the clothes on the ropes they had tied on the trees.

“By the way where is Dings?”

“He is sitting over there.” and Lily pointed to the direction she could feel the sad Heart Light. Dings was sitting on the rock near the water daydreaming quietly. Since they left the Forest he barely was eating but he was giving his best entertaining the children.

Darth advised Lily to let him stay like this; eventually he would be his old self.

“Besides” he continued “you saved Lefenia. I am sure he will see her again.”

“Do you believe that?”

“Trust me, a Darvil’s and a Nymph’s lifespan overcomes that of a simple human.” and he took the baskets from her hands and walked to the wagon.

He placed them near the wheels and sat on the fallen trunk near the river. Lily followed him from his steps and sat beside him.

“Tell me Lily, how old are you?”

“I am seventeen.” she answered sincerely.

“I will be seven hundred and thirty two next month.” and Lily almost fell from the trunk from her surprise.

“You are kidding me right?

“No, a Darvil can even touch eternity if he wants but in the end we will die just like everyone else.”