A prince for Monica

Chapter 15: A prince for Monica

  Lily, Darth, Limon and Dings were eating at the inn’s restaurant together with most of the people who traveled from far in order to watch the Matches.

Most of them were talking about the powerful man and the golden dragon who cleared their battle really quick and they were wondering what will happen tomorrow.

“It seems that we made a good impression.” Limon murmured to Lily who, in her true form, was trying to cut her steak without result.

“Yes, but I’m worried about something.”

“About what?” Darth asked while he had taken the knife and was cutting her steak into small pieces.

“I couldn’t sense our opponent’s Heart Light after he disappeared into the sand, almost as if…” and she stopped her phrase only at the thought.

“There’s no reason for the Lord to kill the participants, it’s forbidden from the arena laws, so don’t think about it.” Dings said and looked at Limon and Darth; both of them were thinking the same thing, they were in danger if Krow had laid eyes on Monica.

“Lily tonight we will return to the wagon, the beds in here are really bad.”

“You don’t have to pretend Darth. Your voice is lying.” and she looked at Limon’s and Dings’s Heart Lights “the same goes for you, I don’t want to stay in the dark while you are making some plan without counting me in.”

“We believe that Krow will try to take us out of the Matches, so we were thinking about changing our location.” Limon explained to her and Darth looked at him angrily.

Lily turned her head to the exit, she felt someone looking intensely at Limon.

“Someone is watching us from the exit!” she said and the three of them looked straight outside but there was no one there.

   That night a scream came from the inn because someone was murdered with no mercy in the room Lily was staying.

Luckily they had already left and now they were hiding outside the town inside the protective barrier Lily had created around their wagon. She was sitting into her room on Monica’s bed holding her pajamas tightly. She heard a knock at the door and Darth came into holding a plate with pieces of fruits and a cup of tea. He took the chair and sat beside her.

“Eat, it will help you relax.”

“Thanks, but I’m not hungry.” but he put the cup on her hands saying that at least should drink the tea.

“And don’t forget that the barrier takes a great amount of power, you must help your body regain its powers quickly.” and Lily gave him the empty cup and lied on the bed.

Darth covered her with the blanket and sat again.

“I will keep you company until you sleep.” He said with soft voice and Lily closed he eyes.

“Thank you…” and she fell asleep breathing softly like a small bird.

Darth touched her hair and closed the light, leaving the magical wall show the night sky, and headed upstairs.

  “Did she sleep?”

“Yes she was really tired.”

“She will need her strength for tomorrow’s Match. And also, perhaps we will have to threaten Krow’s life if we want to save Monica.”

“Don’t get too carried away Limon! We will think of something. Dings you will make the night shift. I don’t know if Lily’s barrier will last for long” and the three of them started to prepare for the Finals.