The price of power

Chapter 18: The price of power

  Dings was lying on the ground unable to move from Semer’s multiple attacks. Lefenia was standing in front of him casting spells around the grass field creating flesh eating flowers and calling forth creatures of the forest in order to aid them

“Dings, don’t die on me! Get up please!”

The big wolf got up with difficulty and stood beside her; he saw Semer’s soldiers fighting against her powers, he was impressed.

But Semer moved his hand and everything, in an instant, caught fire in front of them burning them all.

“Such small tricks won’t work on me. Come on, you are supposed to be the Priestess’s allies, are you that weak?” and he attacked them violently forcing Dings to grab Lefenia from her clothes pulling her with him.

They fell to the right avoiding him but not for long because he was ready to charge again.

“Lefenia, get away from me.” he whispered.

“What? Why?”

“Just do what I say!” and she got away from him, seeing him transform in front of her into a young boy around sixteen years old with black hair and deep golden eyes, wearing a cloth armor created from the skin of the most savage beast in whole Denmor.

She closed and reopened her eyes again making sure she was not mistaken: the puppy became a wolf and the wolf transformed into a Darvil, the youngest Darvil who ever served the Army, Dings the Beast Commander.

She looked at him with fear and awe while he charged attacking Semer with his hands transformed into big claws. Lefenia saw some of the soldiers moving to the waterfall and left the two fighting each other, rushing to the place she had hid the children. She didn’t realize that the fire was coming closer and closer to them.

   Darth was running, following the fire trying to make her stop at all costs; he stopped when he felt Lily’s presence, thanks to her necklace, and ran to the opposite direction finding her on the ground while Elemor was ready to slice her at two. He repelled his attack and stood beside her

“I finally found you.”

“You are late.” she said smiling at ease.

“Sorry about that.”

Now both of them were encountering Nagia’s and Elemor’s attacks. Nagia all of sudden had the same weapon as Lily while Elemor was controlled by the slave tattoo on his arm.

Darth had already noticed that and was trying to find a way to turn him back to normal, but how? He knew that those who were possessed from the snake tattoo would never be themselves again, not until their master dies. He took a glance on the other side.

Lily was doing her best avoiding Nagia’s ribbon while using the nearby water and with help of the air she had transformed the ribbon’s string into an iced line shining like a diamond. She moved her hands trying to capture Nagia into her ice ribbon but she was too good enough on dodging her.

“Tell me Nagia, did Nevol also give you that power?” she said jumping above her flying with the help of the tree’s branches attacking her again.

“Isn’t that great? Now I am connected with my dear King forever! We will rule over Denmor, he as the King and I as his own Priestess!” and she laughed enjoying herself.

Lily repelled her attacks again and quickly she grabbed Nagia’s foot, while she was mid-air, dragging her on the ground; she secluded her into a big water bubble and took her ribbon from her hands breaking it into pieces