𝟏𝟎. Nightmare

Sorry this is so short y'all I don't have much time to write right now. (This is the 10th chapter already.🥲)

722 words
T.W. blood, wound, self harm, nightmare, crying.

(hate this chapter)
——————————————

Matt's body gets flooded with warmth from two other people. His emptiness getting protected by his two brothers. Matthew feels like it's his name now, empty. His personality, his name, his feelings. But the thing is that that emptiness can quickly turn into self destruction. His overthinking can become desperate for something other than 'empty' and switches over to something distracting, like pain.

Matt enjoys the blood dripping from his arms, even when sometimes he thinks he doesn't. He likes the idea of his wrists numbing from pain. Once that switch is flipped it's hard to get Matt back. Because of that Nick and Chris decided to prevent that by protecting his emptiness and trying to brighten it a little. But not to much. Because that would make him stressed and pressured making him also switch to self destruction.

Matt loves the heat of his brothers sandwiching him in a deep, warm hug. It's all he needs, all he wants, all he cares about.

But suddenly the warmth left him. Matt opens his eyes only to find out that his brothers left. He feels his wrists sting. What the fuck?
When Matt looks down at his wrists he sees blood, a lot of it. Matt's flesh ripped apart and a razor blade is deeply buried into his skin, Matt is sure he can see some bone. He gasps and lets out a terrified scream.

"NICK! CHRIS?" Matt sobs as he gets out of his bed and heads to the kitchen where he finds his brothers. They look up at him and both let out a sigh of relief followed by horrifying laughter.

"Matt! You relapsed, about time I couldn't handle seeing your healing skin anymore." Chris yells, but his voice is different, lower..

Nick nods agreeing. "I know it makes me sick! I like it better when your in pain, Matthew."

Matt can't breathe, the air gets thinner and he starts to gasp for oxygen. "Help! Nicky," Matt gasps desperately.  Nick only looks at him disgusted. "Please" he sobs.

Nick then laughs and says:"I hope you die, Matty."

———

Matt's body rises out of his bed and Matt aggressively starts gasping for air while sobbing. "Matt oh my god, sweetheart are you okay?" Nick asks. Matt looks up at Nick and lets out a loud gasp while throwing his body away from him. Nick grabs Matt's wrists and holds them firmly. "Shh Matty, it was a dream baby you're okay." Nick says and looses his grip on Matt's wrists once he calmed down a little.

"Nicky" Matt whines. He throws himself into Nicks arms who holds him tight against his chest while running his hands through Matt's hair. "I don't want to Nick please, please, I don't want too.." Matt exclaims. His whole body shakes and his breathing is unsteady. Nick only rocks his brother back and forth slowly. "shh it's okay take a deep breath baby, you'll be fine." He says and takes a deep breath for Matt to copy it.

After a while Matt finally calmed down and pulls away from Nick. He looks around the room to see Chris sitting on the other side of him. Matt remembers they fell asleep with each other. Chris smiles at him and wipes his tears gently off his cheeks. Matt breaks out in a watery smile and then turns around to Nick again, only to lean back on his chest.

He feels Nick hugging him tight and lets out an exhausted sigh. "That was scary.." he confesses. Nick and Chris nod. "Wanna talk about it? Chris asks, voice hesitant. "Can we first just-sleep? I'm tired." Matt closes his eyes for a moment and buries his head further in Nick's shoulder.

"Yeah of course, whatever you want sweetie.." Nick brings out while he massages Matt's scalp softly. Chris and Nick exchange a look and lay down again. Matt turns around to lay on Chris's chest and he feels Nick wrapping his arms around his waist and gently rubbing circles over his belly. Chris presses a kiss on his head. "Goodnight Matty." He says while laying his head on top of Matt's. Matt leans into their touch and closes his eyes, almost immediately falling asleep again.

"Goodnight."

——————

Chapter 10 already!! I'm so grateful for all the love I've been getting it really means a lot to me.💗💗 thank you also for 55 followers and 1K reads.

Love you all so much❤️❤️