Ch. 7

Julie's POV: i was so confused. What the heck did the guys mean by caleb?

"uh, guys? What do you mean by 'Caleb'?" I asked with worry in my voice.

"Jules," Luke said, with worry in his eyes. "Caleb has a lot of powers."

"yeah, i know, you've told me before."

"yea, well, some he doesn't even tell people about. And willie said that one of the powers he doesn't tell many people about is that he can possess people, and Caleb hasn't been seen since the night of the Orpheum."

"w-w-what?" I said, stuttering.

"i know." Luke said.

"um guys," reggie said, hope in his eyes, for some reason.

"what is it reg?" alex asked.

"my ghost friend, Grace, she said she knows someone that thinks she knows how to defeat Caleb."

"well, then let's go." Luke said with hope in his eyes.

Thank God, i couldn't risk losing the guys after i almost did.

Reggie's POV: we poofed out with julie, luke held her hand and poofed out and she poofed with us!

"dang, Roofing is weird." Julie said.

"yeah, i know right." Luke said, laughing.

I spotted Gracie immediately.

"Gracie!" i yelled.

She turned around and her face lit up when she saw me. "Reggie!" she

yelled, running toward me, hugging me, and giving me a quick kiss on the cheek.

"nice to see you too." i said laughing.

"oh, you brought friends," she said, seeing the rest of the band. "hey guys!" she said, waving.

"wow reggie," luke said, grinning. "thought you said you didn't have a crush on a person named Gracie, i mean Grace." Luke said laughing.

Julie rolled her eyes but giggled at luke.

"ummm, i lied." i said, flustered. "well guys, this is Grace, and Gracie, this is Julie, luke, and alex." i said, gesturing to each of them.

"hey guys!" she said.

"hey!" julie said waving. "wait.. Isn't Grace a ghost?"

"yeah, jam." she responded. "why?"

"because I'm a lifer, an-and i can see you." Julie said sounding confused.

Grace gasped.

"what is it, Gracie?" I asked.

"well, there's like this thing that says something about a lifer saving and helping ALL ghosts from the most powerful ghost, Caleb, by defeating him, with the help of her best friends that are ghosts." Grace said.

"oh, oh wow." luke said, looking amazed while staring at Julie, he looked back at Grace and said, "Grace, do-do you think that Julie could be that lifer?"

"yeah, i really do." Grace responded.

"me-me? Why me?" Julie asked, sounding confused.

"iii don't know." she responded. "but um, what did you guys come for?"

"well, we need to talk to that friend that you told me about." I said.

"ok, well, let's go!" She said poofing us out.

she poofed us to a studio that looked like it had been rundown but was fixed up. One side had paint, drawing, and photography stuff. And the other side had mostly jazz instruments, trumpet, trombone, piano, and a saxophone, and some other instruments. It looked like it had 2 bathrooms, one on either side of the main studio room. On each side was kinda like a bedroom, and in the middle a living space, couch, TV, and a coffee table. The walls and floor were concrete, but there was a bunch of windows.

And there was a girl with brown wavy hair, half up half down. I assumed that was Gracie's friend.

"Gracie, where are we?" i asked.

"Me and my friend found my old studio, no one had been using it so we fixed it up and live here now." she responded.

"oh hey," the girl said. "Grace, who'd you bring? I'm assuming one of these boys is your boyfriend, Reggie? Am I right?"

"boyfriend!?" Luke said, staring at Reggie. "dang reg, when were you going to tell us about this?"

"well, it happened today," I said, "but then everything happened."

"well guys, this is Chloe." Grace said, "Chloe, this is Reggie, Alex, Luke, and Julie." she said, gesturing to each of us.

"Hey, what did you guys come for?" Chloe asked.

"well, we need help defeating this ghost named Caleb Covington." Alex said.

"Oh, yea, that." Chloe said, looking at her shoes.

"What's wrong?" Julie asked.

"well, I've been working out a plan to defeat Caleb, but I'm kinda close to him, don't get me wrong he's dangerous and I don't like what he's doing, but I'm pretty close to him." Chloe said.

"how are you close to him?" Alex asked.

"W-well, my full name is, Chloe Covington." Chloe said, still looking at her shoes.

We all just stood there in silence staring at her.

I know, I'm so evil for this cliffhanger, hehe. Tell me what you think!