Chapter 1: Unexpected Encounters

:Edited:

In the bustling city of Seoul, amidst the towering skyscrapers and the incessant hum of traffic, lived a young woman named Y/N. She was a diligent university student, balancing her studies with the myriad challenges life had thrown her way. Orphaned at a tender age, Y/N had grown up with a profound sense of responsibility, shaped by her early experiences of loss and resilience. She lived with her grandmother in a modest apartment on the outskirts of the city. Her grandmother, a kind and gentle soul who had always been her rock, now suffered from a debilitating heart condition.

Y/N's days were a whirlwind of activity. She would wake up before dawn, prepare breakfast, and ensure her grandmother took her morning medication. After a quick meal, she would rush to her university, where she juggled a full course load, always striving to maintain her grades and secure her future. Despite the academic pressure, she found solace in her studies, seeing education as her pathway to a better life.

However, her responsibilities didn't end there. As soon as her classes were over, Y/N would head to one of her part-time jobs. Whether it was waitressing at a local café, tutoring high school students, or working late nights at a convenience store, she toiled tirelessly to make ends meet. The money she earned went towards their living expenses and her grandmother's mounting medical bills, leaving little room for leisure or personal indulgence.

Despite the weight of her burdens, Y/N remained unyielding. Her friends admired her strength and perseverance, often wondering how she managed to handle so much with such grace. Yet, behind her steadfast exterior, she harbored worries and fears, particularly for her grandmother's health. The sight of her grandmother growing weaker with each passing day was a constant reminder of the fragility of their situation and fueled her determination to keep pushing forward.

One evening, as Y/N hurried through the crowded streets after another exhausting day of work, she found herself passing by a lavish party. Unbeknownst to her, it was hosted by none other than Professor Kim Taehyung, for one of his wealthy business partners. Taehyung was known for his charisma and charm, but also for his strict demeanor in class.

Caught up in the allure of the party, Y/N decided to step inside for just a moment of respite from her daily struggles. Her house was near the event, so she hurried home, changed into her best clothes, and entered the hall, trying to stay hidden.

As Y/N mingled with the crowd, she found her classmate and best friend, Lisa. She quickly told Lisa everything, explaining that she just wanted to see what the party was like. Lisa, happy to see her friend, greeted her warmly. Lisa was Taehyung's cousin and came from a wealthy family.

Lisa beamed with excitement. "Y/N! I'm so glad you're here. Come, I want you to meet my parents."

Y/N followed Lisa, feeling slightly out of place but grateful for her friend's support. Lisa introduced her to her parents, who welcomed Y/N kindly. As they chatted, Y/N noticed Taehyung watching them from a distance. He approached them with his usual composed demeanor.

"Good evening, Lisa," Taehyung greeted his cousin, his eyes briefly glancing at Y/N. Lisa smiled and responded, "Good evening, sir."

Taehyung merely nodded in acknowledgment, his gaze shifting to Y/N. He didn't like Y/N because she struggled in her studies and often arrived late to class. Unaware of her personal struggles, he assumed she was a spoiled and wealthy child who spent her nights partying and neglecting her responsibilities.

"Good evening, Y/N," Taehyung greeted her, his tone polite but distant. "How did you come to be here?"

Caught off guard and feeling uneasy, Y/N hesitated. Before she could respond, Lisa quickly chimed in, "Y/N is with me, cousin. I invited her."

Taehyung's expression softened slightly, but he still harbored his misconceptions about Y/N. "I see. Well, enjoy the evening."

He nodded curtly and walked away, leaving Y/N feeling a mix of relief and discomfort. Taehyung assumed she was the daughter of one of the business partners and didn't realize the true extent of her struggles.

As the party ended, Y/N hurried home, expressing gratitude to Lisa before leaving. Upon reaching home, she found her grandmother already asleep. Exhausted from the night's events, Y/N decided to forgo changing her clothes and simply went to bed. The next morning, she woke up to realize she had overslept. Panicking, she muttered, "Oh no, Professor Kim will be furious with me for being late!" She rushed to freshen up and hastily made her way to the university.
As Y/N rushed into class, her mind racing with worry over her forgetfulness regarding her grandmother, Professor Kim Taehyung was already delivering the lecture. With a silent prayer for divine intervention, she beseeched, "Oh God, save me from this  monster." As she timidly sought permission to enter, her eyes met Taehyung's stern gaze. Despite the apprehension in her heart, she braved his scrutiny. With a firm tone, Taehyung granted her permission to enter, his expression a blend of severity and expectation.

Please vote and comment also