Chapter 3: Unforeseen Arrangements

Edited:

Time Skip

Despite repeated scolding and punishment, Y/N still struggled to focus on her studies. Taehyung  stern discipline did little to change her carefree attitude, leaving him increasingly frustrated. He watched as Y/N continued to fall behind, her grades slipping, and her focus elsewhere.

Meanwhile, Mrs. Kim, who lived abroad, maintained regular contact with Y/N's grandmother. They often spoke on the phone, sharing updates and reminiscing about their childhood friendship, though they had not seen each other in person for many years.

When Mrs. Kim learned of Y/N's grandmother's deteriorating health, she was deeply concerned. Determined to support her old friend, she decided to travel back to visit her. Y/N was unaware of Mrs. Kim's visit or her connection to her grandmother, having never met her.

Upon arriving, Mrs. Kim was warmly welcomed by Y/N's grandmother. The two women, like sisters reunited, spent hours catching up. During their heartfelt reunion, Y/N's grandmother couldn't hide her worries about the future. She confided in Mrs. Kim, expressing her deep concerns about Y/N's well-being after she passed away.

Y/N's Grandmother: Mrs. Kim, I fear for Y/N's future. She has no one else, and I am worried about what will happen to her when I'm gone.

Moved by her friend's vulnerability, Mrs. Kim listened intently. She felt a deep sense of responsibility toward her friend's granddaughter. After a moment of silence, Mrs. Kim spoke with a heavy heart and a sense of duty.

Mrs. Kim: Don't talk like that.

But Y/N's grandmother took her hand, her eyes filled with determination and desperation.

Y/N's Grandmother: Please, Mrs. Kim, marry your son to my granddaughter. I know it’s a lot to ask, but it's the only way I can be at peace.

The request hung in the air, heavy with emotion. Mrs. Kim was taken aback by the gravity of the proposal. She had not anticipated such a drastic measure but could see the depth of her friend's concern.

Realizing the significance of the request and the trust placed in her, Mrs. Kim promised to consider it seriously. She understood that this proposal could ensure Y/N's security and future, binding their families together in an unexpected yet profound way.

With a mixture of hope and apprehension, Mrs. Kim knew she had to discuss this with her son, Taehyung. It was a decision that could change the course of their lives forever.

---

Time Skip

After university ended for the day, Taehyung and Y/N headed back to their respective homes. Taehyung, feeling exhausted from the day's events, was looking forward to some rest. As he approached his house, he noticed an unfamiliar car parked in the driveway. Curiosity piqued, he quickened his pace and entered the house.

To his surprise, standing in the living room were his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Kim, smiling warmly at him.

Taehyung:Mom! Dad! What a surprise!

He quickly crossed the room and hugged his mother tightly, then turned to his father and embraced him as well.

Mrs. Kim: We wanted to surprise you. Are you not happy to see us?

Taehyung:Why wouldn’t I be happy? I'm thrilled! But you should have called. I would have picked you up from the airport.

Mrs. Kim playfully smacked his head lightly.

Mrs. Kim:How would we surprise you if we told you?

Taehyung (rubbing his head): Ah, Mom, that hurt!

Everyone laughed, the room filled with a warmth that had been missing for a long time. Taehyung felt a sense of relief wash over him, happy to have his parents home.

Taehyung: Seriously, though, I'm so glad you're here. It's been too long.

Mr. Kim: We've missed you too, son.

As they settled into the living room, the atmosphere was filled with joy and anticipation. For a moment, Taehyung concerns faded away, replaced by the happiness of having his family together.

Mrs. Kim:Taehyung, go change. I'll prepare lunch.

Taehyung:No, Mom. I like your food and I've missed it, but you must be tired.

Mrs. Kim gently pushed him towards his room.

**Mrs. Kim:** Go change your clothes. I'll prepare lunch.

Reluctantly, Taehyung went to his room to change. Meanwhile, Mrs. Kim began preparing lunch, explaining everything about Y/N and the conversation with her grandmother to Mr. Kim.

Mr. Kim:It's a tough situation, but if it helps Y/N and her grandmother, I agree with you. We should talk to Taehyung about it after lunch.

Mrs. Kim nodded, feeling relieved that her husband was on the same page. They knew it was a significant decision, but one that could ultimately bring their families closer together.

---

Later, Taehyung joined his parents for lunch. As they ate, the conversation flowed easily, but Mrs. Kim knew it was time to bring up the serious topic.

**Mrs. Kim:** Taehyung, there's something important we need to discuss.

Taehyung looked up, sensing the shift in her tone.

Taehyung: What is it, Mom?

Mrs. Kim took a deep breath.

Mrs. Kim: Have you got a girlfriend?

Taehyung:No, Mom. Why do you ask?

Mrs. Kim silently thanked God before continuing.

Mrs. Kim:I want you to marry my friend's granddaughter.

Taehyung blinked, stunned by the sudden proposal.

Taehyung:Mom, I've already told you, I'm not ready to get married yet.

Mrs. Kim started an emotional plea, her eyes glistening with tears.

Mrs. Kim:Why do you make it so difficult? If I die, will you still refuse your mother's last wish?

Feeling his heart tighten, Taehyung hugged his mother tightly.

Taehyung: Okay, Mom. I promise I'll do as you wish.

Mr. Kim couldn't help but chuckle internally at his wife's dramatic tactics, thinking how both mother and son were quite dramatic.

---

Meanwhile, Y/N's grandmother was having a similar conversation with Y/N. She explained her last wish to see Y/N married to Mrs. Kim's son and had arranged a blind date for that evening.

Y/N's Grandmother:It’s my last wish to see you marry Mr. Kim’s son. I've set up a blind date for you tonight.

Y/N agreed, her heart heavy with the thought of her grandmother's health, but she didn't know who Mrs. Kim's son was.

Y/N: I promise, Grandma. I'll go on the date.

---

As the evening approached, both Taehyung and Y/N prepared for their blind date, unaware of each other's identity. The sense of anticipation and anxiety filled the air as they dressed up, ready to meet their future.

Their paths were set to intertwine in a way neither of them could have expected, leading to a fateful encounter that would shape the rest of their lives.
Please vote and comment also 🥺