Chapter 7: Is it Sex Or Is It Desire?

In just a state away, in a similar small-town in Illinois, Flor stood idly, outside one of her favorite lounges, not wanting to go in. She was quite truthfully, full of anxiety. Riddled with it. A characteristic she wasn’t particularly accustomed too.

    The young valets outside made shy glances her way enough awkward times she finally woman'd up and went inside. The setting sun kissing her tattooed back radiantly, in her near sheer, tangerine summer dress.

    She hated keeping things from Ro. Kept telling herself this was all for his benefit. Inside, her stomach was in knots over it, because she had slight ulterior motives. The thrill of that, adding a layer of mischief she often didn’t mind.

    Yes, he was her best friend. Her everything. She loved him so much, beyond pretty words. She just wanted him happy. He needed to be free. Just first she had to make sure he wasn't making a mistake. She felt a glimmer of what he experienced that night. Flor was never a jealous partner. They both simply had a understanding that if one experienced something profound…. they both shared it. So it could at times be a little competitive. Never had it ever got out of hand. It was just a nice spicy experience for them. Then one day she found Aporia and decided to share her with Ro. Aporia satisfied them both in so many ways, it appeared that part of them was dormant for a time. Now it wasn't. Her old wants were resurfacing. His were too.

    Flor knew she had the penchant for wanting to be first. That she truly craved to be desired more. The need always burning in her. So innocent her intentions could be on the surface, beneath it was a desire to win whatever she ever desired.

    Walking in nervously, the young female red haired hostess, seemed more unsettled seeing Flor. She flushed from head to toe. Her youthful round face absolutely attentive to Flor. She openly gaped at her each time she visited the establishment. Flor was used to this and would often flirt. She was the walking embodiment of desire after all. The need to want and be wanted, was part of her ever evolving nature. The adoration of the young mortal also wasn’t lost on her. She still loved most humans. Loved earth. Loved the thrill of their desires. She just knew she wanted more.

    What that more was, she didn't know. She was still figuring things out. This was simply a step towards that, she assured herself confidently. It was a half lie, half truth.

    “Right this way,” The pretty hostess said, her round blue eyes looking back at Flor, at her low cleavage; blushing as she led her to her table. Once near her destination, Flor barely noticed the girl. She was absolutely God smacked. There at the table was one of the most gorgeous spirits she'd laid eyes on in a long while, outside of Aporia. Her instincts had led her right….

    The woman herself seemed just as attracted to Flor. Giving her a long leisurely stare. "You must be Flor." She said easily, with that same old tongue accent Aporia held. It was similar in cadence to English or African tonality. Seemingly, stating that she was a far older entity than Flor originally had estimated. Perhaps even more ancient than Aporia.

     Flor held her breath as the woman stood with a powerful, easy grace. She wore a lavender blouse that popped with her golden dark bronze skin and cream colored trousers. The lavender was near the same shade as Flor's eyes. Her hair was dark and luscious falling in dark waves near crafted as Flor's own. The woman favored South Asian features. Dark sensuous, luminous eyes with dark thick sculpted arched brows. Her eyes seem to naturaly glow as if a reflection of the moon lay in their depths. Flor's skin buzzed taking in her beauty. She was a feast.

    They both casually closed the distance between them in greeting. The woman was a bit taller leaning in kissing Flor's cheeks. Flor shivered when the woman's sweet chocolate scent teased her senses. She kissed the woman's cheeks quickly pulling away. Heat flashing through her after the brief contact. They both masked each others energies upon greeting. This was the proper, formal way. "Its nice to meet you as well, Lilah of Patience."