𝟏𝟏. Mad matt

I'm extremely happy with this chapter. We can thank my anger issues for coming up with this🥰
I really hope y'all will like it!!!
ENJOY READING!💗

T.W. blood, mention of self harm, screaming, arguing, crying, comfort.

1941 words.

—————

Matt Sturniolo felt like a huge burden. His brothers know it, they've always known. The problem though is that when Matt feels like a burden he starts pushing everyone away. Nick and Chris have been trying to be around him as much as they could because of Matt's mental health and self harm addiction but Matt declines them every time they even talk to him nowadays.

Nick and Chris are obviously very worried and don't know what to do anymore. Matt never took it so far before, basically because of his attachment issues and the fact he feels alone very quickly.

Nick's POV:

I'm laying in my bed right now. Alone.
Normally I sleep with Matt but he's really been pushing me away lately and he doesn't allow me to sleep with him anymore. I'm really starting to worry because Matt's self destructive side shows
even more when being alone and I don't want him to do anything to himself. I know Chris feels the same way and it kinda hurts seeing his disappointed eyes when Matt tells him he doesn't want to hang out.

Suddenly he hears something strange. It's coming from Matt's room. Crying?

Yes, it sounds like crying. My heart sinks to my feet as I instantly get out of my bed and start to walk to Matt's room. The crying gets louder when I'm in front of his door. I lean forward and try to listen through the door. I thinks he's on his bed because his sobs are muffled and I hear where his crying is coming from.

"Matt?" I say while knocking on the door. "You okay?" I hear Matt instantly trying to stop crying and he takes a deep, shaky breath. "Matt, you know you can tell me anything right?" It stays quiet for a minute but right when I start to think he won't answer me I hear Matt saying: "I'm fine Nick just, leave me alone." I feel a heartstring being pulled because I can hear the pain in his voice.

I hesitate but decide to talk to him tomorrow. Dumb idea? Probably, but right now I don't know what to do and I don't want to approach this in the wrong way.

I walk to Chris's room because I don't want to be alone right now. I know Chris isn't the best at comforting people but that's not what I need. All I need right now is a plan. (and maybe a hug.)

So I walk through my brother's bedroom door without knocking. Chris is asleep on his bed. I kinda feel embarrassed right now because I normally never really come to anyone for comfort. I'm usually the one who comforts or Matt and Chris come to my room because they realized I needed to be comforted. But I almost never came to them. I decide to suck it up and walk to Chris's side.

"Chris?" I say, while shaking his shoulder gently. Chris opens his eyes almost immediately. "Nick, what's wrong?" He asks confused. "Can I sleep with you? I don't want to be alone, I just caught Matt crying and he doesn't want to talk to me.." Chris's gaze softens and he looks at me with pity in his eyes.

"Of course, C'mere Nicky." He smiles as he pushes the sheets up, motioning for me to lay beside him. I instantly get next to him in bed and we both snuggle closer to each other. I feel him striking my hair softly as I bury my face deeply in his chest. "Goodnight Nicky." I hear him whisper sweetly.

"Goodnight." I answer. I think Chris is pretty good at comforting people when he really wants it, but maybe it's because I just like the way he comforts me.

————————
The next morning.
Third person POV:
————————

Matt wakes up with a throbbing headache and a sore throat, probably because of all the crying. He groans miserably as he heads downstairs for some food, he's extremely hungry and just needs some food.