Chapter -14(Ruling).

Atharv and kshitija came down in the hall...

All the people were still here except Ritvik as he had to leave for an urgent work....

Urvashi was going to take care of all the rituals from now as asked by Atharv....

Atharv came and stood near reyansh and Darshit...

Soon they were called by urvashi to perform rest of rituals...

Atharv and kshitija sat facing each other and a vessel of milk in between them...

Kshitija's one hand was covered with handkerchief and so was Atharv's...

Urvashi:-

" Children's, now both of you have to open the knots of this thread in your hands ...

Kshitija can use both of her hands to open knots of Atharv's thread ...But Atharv can use only one of his hand..."

Urvashi finished telling them about this ritual.... And just then Reyansh said....

" Isn't it unfair that kshitija can use both of her hands and Atharv can use only one of his hand ..."

"No, it's not..." Urvashi replied...

And nobody said anything anymore...

The handkerchiefs were taken off from the hand of Atharv and kshitija....

The thread in kshitija's hand has so many knots that's too tight as well...

Kshitija forwarded her hand towards Atharv to untie the knots and at the same time Atharv forwarded his hand towards kshitija as well...

Both of them started untying the knots of each other's thread...

Atharv was struggling as there were quite some knots and he can use only one of his hand ....

After a lot of struggles , kshitija was the one to open the knots first ...

She won this ritual....
This ritual means that you should try to solve the problems patiently and not hastily...
You can solve problems more with each other depicted by two hands rather than by yourself....

( I don't know about the literal meaning of this ritual, it is just what I have understand by myself by looking at this...so , please don't get offended..)

After this there was one more ritual and that was to find the ring in that vessel of milk...

Urvashi dropped a ring in that vessel and said " whoever finds this ring earlier will rule the marriage but from the results of earlier ritual, if kshitija wins .. it would be the best...."

Atharv looked at Urvashi in a reaction no one could decipher, he gave her a side eye and she just smiled.....

Both of them put their hand in the milk vessel together...In the search of ring ..Atharv once caught kshitija's finger in his grasp ....

They were still looking for ring and just then Atharv took out his hand from the vessel with that ring in his hand....

He looked at urvashi who just smiled at him...

Urvashi:- " I think nobody is going to rule this marriage,you both will enjoy equally and that's the best thing..."

After this ritual of theirs .. there were not many of rituals were left...

Some rituals which would be performed tomorrow or a day after that were only left ...

After this all of them settled for lunch as none of them had any thing except for tea and some fruits since morning..

All of them were settled there already and just when kshitija was about to take a seat for herself....

There came an irritating voice of Malini....

" Don't you know that you can't eat food earlier than your husband?  Oh ! How would you know , you didn't have a mother to know that right?"

Just after the last line kshitija fisted her hands in anger ...

She would have lashed on her right there but Urvashi held her hand...

But still kshitija said " I'm sorry sasu ji , but I heard that you are a woman with modern thoughts ... But I think it is only to show the outsiders"

Just then kalyani also said " Don't you know how to talk to your elders?

Kshitija: " i don't know much dadi as i didn't have my parents to teach me that but my brother has taught me only a simple rule and that is "give respect and take respect"
Irrespective of the age " kshitija completed her words and placed the chair back at its place ...

Her head was covered with the end of her saree....

But just when she thought everything was settled kalyani said : " There are rules here which you need to follow as the daughter in law of raichand's and this is one of them to not eat before your husband "

Kshitija didn't want to stretch the conversation any more so she became the blank kshitija whose curt and simple reply can shut anyone up...

Kshitija: " I really respect all the rules which are set by elders here and i would also abide by them but I think that the one's who have settled the rules ,need to follow them as well " she said looking at Malini and then at kalyani as malini  was eating with her husband....

After completing her speech kshitija left from there and picked up a guava on her way towards her room....

Seeing that there was someone who has the audacity to stand against the mrs.kalyani singh raichand.... two faces were most happy......

Hey ! I know I'm very late with my update but the target was not fulfilled,, please atleast comment as much as you can as I know you guys can't vote more than once ...

Apart from that my health has taken a toll on me and my exams are nearing as well ..

So the updates depends on your guys reviews and on my health as well...

As I'm underweight according to my height and age ... I'm on medication...

So ,,,, let's hope I will come back with an another update soon...

All the chapters for now would be posted right after I'm done typing them...

Errors would be taken care of later ...

So point them out ....