Chap 7: Land of Waves

"A Crank mission just came in, your to perform guard duties for a man headed to the land of water." Minato said and team7 nodded in return, Naruto excited at the prospect, leaving to pack their backpacks, before meeting at the gate in thirty minutes.

"It's only a Crank so there shouldn't be enemy ninja that we run into." Hinami said in response to Ikumi hugging her tightly and begging her not to go on the mission, she rubbed his head a moment, smiling softly, a rarity nowadays. Wearing her black hair in a plait braid with one lilac strand and one yellow strand intertwined with her own. wearing a lilac purple sleeveless top with a black skirt, paired with a tan cropped jacket overtop, with the hyuga symbol on the arms, with the Senju symbol on the back in black. Wearing a shuriken holster on her right thigh with a kunai pouch on her back, wearing sleeveless black gloves on her hands with arm guards underneath her jacket. Her scar which sat on the left side of her face, just outside of her eye, she came close to loosing the appendage, but was lucky.

"You promise you'll be okay?" Ikumi said in question and Hinami nodded in return, assured that she would.

"Yeah. Make sure you work hard with your training, I'll test you when I get back." She said looking towards Ikumi who nodded in response, releasing her as their parents walked up, placing hands on their shoulders and wishing them luck on the mission and the girl nodded. Before leaving the house, heading to the leaf village gates where her team would be waiting with Tazuna, the client.

"Oh, are you the ninja supposed to be guarding me? Your nothing but runts." Tazuna said and Hinami merely glared over before completely ignoring him, her hood over her head, hiding most of her features from view. Sasuke walking up next, His black hair spiked behind his head as he wore a blue short-sleeve shirt with tan shorts, his shuriken holster on his right thigh, with his blue headband tied around his forehead. Wearing tan arm warmers on his forearms, and blue sandals on his feet.

"You're early, as usual, Hinami." He commented, addressing the girls who just tched but didn't offer a verbal response. Naruto coming up as the last of the genin, with Kakashi showing up right as it hit the ten minute mark. Barely making it on time.

"Ah perfect, we're all here." Kakashi stated, wearing his white hair up above his head, wearing his headband diagonally over his face, hiding his scar and his left eye, wearing a blue mask on his face hiding his mouth and nose. Wearing a blue ninja outfit with blue sandals and gloves on his hands looking towards the genin and Tazuna. The genin looking towards him a moment, 'yeah cause you were way late again sensei...' they thought briefly

"We're the ninja that'll be escorting you. I am Kakashi, this is my team. Hinami, Sasuke, and..." He said to the man, gesturing before Naruto jumped up,

"I'm Naruto Namikaze! I'm going to be the next Hokage, Believe it!" Naruto said to the man who looked to be mid to late 40s early 50s, he gray hair almost hidden by the hat on his head, wearing what seemed to be a fisherman's outfit.

"Well you don't look like much, but whatever let's go." He said as they started down the dirt path, heading towards the man's small town, where he was to build a bridge but needed protection from bandits. As they walked through the forest, Naruto kept his hands behind his head before looking towards the man.

"Hey old man, how come you've asked for ninja from the leaf, aren't there ninja where you live too?" Naruto said in question,

"Yeah, I've never heard of a land without a ninja village, not that I can remember anyway, so, wouldn't it have been easier to ask them?" Naruto commented, looking towards the man and Hinami spoke up from the side of them,

"No there isn't. You're confusing the land of water with the land of waves. It's too small to justify having a ninja village, besides with the natural protection they have, it's usually not as needed." Hinami said before Tazuna could,