chap 16: Kimimaro

"Shikamaru, this will be your first mission as Chunin. Hinami is undergoing intense medical training and is unavailable right now to attend the mission. You can choose any available genin from this list, my only requirement is that Naruto is included as well." Minato said looking seriously at Shikamaru who nodded, looking at the sheet of available genin. Minato's blonde hair sat spiked around his head his sideburns reaching his chin on either side, his headband tied around his forehead, wearing a dark blue ninja outfit with a jonin flak jacket overtop, wearing the shortsleeve hokage cloak overtop with blue ninja sandals on his feet. Wearing the shuriken holster on his right thigh and kunai pouch on his back waist.

"Makes sense, Kyoto's his cousin, isn't he?" Shikamaru questioned and Minato nodded in return, Kiyoka was on a mission out of the village, assessing the recent flood damage to a village near the border, while also working on her medical training with Tsunade. Who was out assessing the damage as well and offering aid to the village. All the other jonin were busy monitoring the border with the hidden rain who'd begun to make movements near the border. They were monitoring the situation, including every jonin sensei, meaning they were unavailable.

"Yeah. I'll put together another squad that will follow directly after yours, as the jonin become available." Minato said and Shikamaru nodded, looking over towards him, Kyoto had been taken by the sound four. He'd been with Sakura when it happened the night before, they'd snuck into the village and grabbed him, shoving him in a container and running off, or rather, teleporting away, using a transportation technique. 'They needed him alive... for something. But what was it.' Minato thought and Shikamaru nodded looking over, 'Naruto, Neji, Choji, Kiba, a no nonsense group.' Shikamaru thought looking at the papers in front of him. Nodding towards Minato, before heading out to go after Naruto first before heading to Kiba's, Choji's, to find Neji.

Naruto jumping out the door, wearing mission gear ready to go, Shikamaru nodded, the two making to leave before the both froze in place, Kushina's footsteps being heard from inside the house, Naruto turning back to see his mothers hair levitating.

"Naruto! Shikamaru!" Kushina yelled causing the boy to freeze on the porch, paling as sweat dropped behind his head rapidly, the same happening to Shikamaru for a moment, 'Oh man, what a drag.' he thought, looking over towards the woman,

"Yeah, mom?" he asked a hand on the back of his head, looking towards the woman, who stood before him, her hair falling back to her waist, wearing a green sleeveless dress with a shortsleeve white shirt underneath, her violet eyes looking over towards both boys.

"Take these with you, give one to each of the team too. Shikamaru, you take one too young man." Kushina said, holding up a small container of onigiri, a snack they could eat on the go, the boys looked towards eachother a moment before looking back towards Kushina.

"Thank you, lady Kushina." Shikamaru said, the woman nodding before sending them on their way.

"your mom's nice... unlike mine" Shikamaru said paling as he thought about his mother

"You haven't seen her mad." Naruto said in reply

"Haven't seen who mad?" Kiba said walking up, Shikamaru bringing him up to speed, as Naruto set an onigiri in his hand.

"I see. lets go after these jerks!" he said walking with them to get Choji. who jumped for joy as Naruto passed him food. The three headed over towards the hospital.

"Alright! now for Alismatis Rhizoma." Shizune said standing on the yard in front of the hospital and Hinami looked towards her a moment before she nodded, moving her hands in front of her onto the grass.

"Right!" Hinami said in return, growing the plant, she wore a bandana around the top of her head, keeping her hair from her face as she wore her locket around her neck, sitting inside her light blue yukata with a maroon purple belt, mesh armor underneath, working on her ability to grow plants by just thinking of them. Learning as many medicinal plants, their properties, and so on, only able to grow plants that she understood the fundamental structure and use of. Without understanding the properties, they fell apart. Neji walking with Lee down the stairs of the hospital, helping the boy to walk as he recovered from his surgery.