chap 11: Finals

Sasuke, Shikamaru, Kyoto, Sana, Sakura, Touka, Naruto, Hinami, Tenno, Temari, Gaara, Kankuro, Shino, Neji stood in front of Genma, who was to be the new proctor. Hayate having been killed by the hidden Grass. Dosu having been killed by other hidden sound genin when he challenged them to a deathmatch. Genma sighed a moment looking at the genin, while Hinami paled, looking at the stadium. 'Is it too late to go home?' she wondered in her mind as she looked towards the stands, they were completely full, practically overfilled at this point. Cheering for the finalists, Hinami wanted to hide under a rock, a barren rock, in the middle of the ocean, underneath and island. Yeah, that sounded good to her.

"Welcome! Finalists! each of you have earned your spot in the finals." Genma said calmly, looking towards the genin in front of him. 'Most of the village is here, but there is still extra patrols being handled by lord 4th' Minato thought looking out at the stadium, Orochimaru had delivered an ultimatum from the forest of death, for the exams to continue. He didn't like it but there was no choice. Hiruzen sat up next to Minato as the sat in the kage booth next to Rasa. 'what are you planning. Anko.' Orochimaru thought as he stood overlooking the stadium, he was one of the jonin assigned to guard that sector, jonin from the leaf and sand spread out among the audience and village for patrols and so on. Nawaki patrolling the village with Minato sitting up near the kage, looking out on the stadium, a conflicted look on his face. All of the jonin were placed on high alert, as were the chunin, spread through the audience with the AnBu black ops. The Uchiha police force patrolling the leaf village during the exams.

The first match was Kyoto against Sasuke, the two Uchiha's stood across from eachother with their sharingan activated. As their match was called to start, Kyoto ran towards Sasuke, the boy doing the same, the two avoiding the weapons thrown at eachother, ducking under the other weapons sent their way. Sending fireball jutsu's forwards as a cover, Kyoto ran forwards aiming a kunai towards Sasuke, the boy dodging up before his chest was kicked by Kyoto, sending him sprawling across the ground. The boy coughing a moment, before he rolled to avoid Kyoto's leg coming down. Kyoto sending more of a barrage of attacks before dining an earth dome, as a shelter from Sasuke's attacks as he went for lions barrage. Sasuke flipped away from the dome, before running forwards once more, moving his hands for jutsu signs, running forwards as lightning gathered in his palm.

"Lightning style, chidori." Sasuke said hitting the dome with his hand and reaching Kyoto's shoulder, blood dripping slowly from the wound. The dome being blasted apart by Kyoto who moved his arms out, Sasuke avoiding the earth as it moved. Twisting to kick Kyoto across the ground, his leg was met with Kyoto's arm. The two sliding back against the grass and dirt of the arena floor.

"Earthstyle, mudwave!" Kyoto said, placing his hands down, the entire ground surging like a wave, knocking Sasuke off of his feet. The boy sending shuriken forwards, using the shuriken shadowclone jutsu. The weapons multiplying, as Kyoto was busy deflecting that, Sasuke slid behind him, forcing Kyoto to conced the match as he held a kunai to the boys neck, not moving it until he did so, his arms blocked from reaching up and removing the kunai, pissing Kyoto off. But he conceeded the match either way, as there was no way he'd win at that point.

The second match was Shikamaru against Temari, with the girl winning by default after Shikamaru forfeited the match. Being backed into a corner by the girl. After he'd trapped her in the shadow possession he announced as such, shocking the entire stadium, as well as his opponent. After Shikamaru and Temari, Shino was up fighting against Kankuro. The two seeming to be evenly matched as they went head to head, but it wasn't long before Shino's bugs infected Kankuro's puppets, as the blade stopped a mere cm from his face, traveling up the chakra threads and swarming Kankuro, the boy yelling before falling to the ground. Shino being named the winner of the third round. The fated match between Neji and Naruto came, the Namikaze pulling out a win over the hyuga bully. Winning the match and leaving Neji with much to think about, in regards to destiny and fate. Hiashi going to his hospital room to apologize for the death of his father and explain what happened that night.