3

"No Alicent the matter is settled."

Boomed the voice of Viserys angrily as he dismissed his wife once more from his chambers. He gave a displeased look to Otto Hightower. His wife's father, who had now been restored as his hand. He didn't like how Alicent kept pressing that a price needed to be paid, and that Rhaenyra's sons wouldnt ever come to respect their children, where they to continue behaving as they had last night. They hadn't even properly apologized for taking her sons eye yet. In the case she made, only Valaena showed compassion, and thus it had sparked an interest to foster the girl in the capital as her ward. To ensure that she remains so, if she is to be wed to our son Said Alicent, though the insult towards his daughter hadn't gone unnoticed to Viserys.

"It would be good for the girl, your Grace." Added Otto Hightower carefully. "If she is to wed Aemond, then she might like to get to know him more, rather than grow a stranger. The strife that has occured last night might further push them apart. They'll be bitter when they reunite. It's an ill omen. Let us join our families in goodwill."

Viserys let out a deep sigh. He knew Rhaenyra would protest it. She would be angry, but again he did many things for his daughter, more than he liked to admit, and in truth he just wanted to rest and not think about what had happened. It had caused him too great of a headache. Rhaenyra, had caused him too great of a headache, perhaps it would do her good.

"Then send for her belongings and order her to come with us. I wish to leave Otto." Remarked the King bitterly as he turned to the window. He didn't like the ocean.

"Let me ask the Maester if Aemond is fit for travel. I'll send word for Valaena to be retrieved."

"Good, and let that be the last of it. Tell Rhaenyra her daugher may return for whichever nameday or celebration she seems fit."

On the other side of the castle. A worried Valaena rocked her baby brother Joffrey back and forth. Her mother had just been stitched up and Laenor had passed by Valaena and Joffrey to check on them as Rhaenyra, Lucerys and Jacaerys had went with the Maester.

She had just handed Joffrey to a maidservant when her mother burst through the door and pulled her in a tight hug.

"My love, my sweet love." Whispered the Princess as she kissed her daughters cheeks and hands.

"Mom?" A feeling of dread build up in the young girl's chest, the sudden affection and panic with which her mom stormed in worried her deeply. "Has anyone been hurt? Is Luce, Did Aemond not survi-"

"No darling, we are fine, come sit with me. There's something we need to talk about."

It has taken alot of hours to calm the crying, nearly screaming Valaena down when Rhaenyra broke the news to her. Valaena had went through all the stages of grief, feeling particularly angry at her mother for proposing the betrothal in the first place. However, when Laenor had gone to his knees to try and explain that he would fly over on seasmoke as many times as she wished him to, and that they would meet halfway in the sky on their dragons every week if she wished it, only then had she calmed down.

Valaena had been reluctantat first, crying again and again as she refused to let go of her brothers and mother when the Green's boarded their ship. Her hands shook as she refused to let go of Jacearys, her twin.

Viserys had long ago laid down in his private rooms, Aemond had been taken downstairs to be tended to aswell. As he had been sleeping under the influence of milk of the poppy.

Aegon rested his arms on the railing of the ship, his sister Helaena besides him as a sigh left his lips. "Why is she causing such a scene. She isn't six anymore?" Scoffed the Prince, a scowl forming on his lips.