7

Upon their return, Valaena had chosen to ignore Aemond.

Valaena quickly forgot about Cregan Stark, instead she kept busy as Helaena announced her second pregnancy. Rhaenyra Targaryen also wrote to her daughter that she was with child, she would welcome her and Daemon's first child in a little over a year.

So while Valaena forgot about Cregan Stark, Aemond could not. He had memorized the way Valaena had blushed when Lord Stark held her hand, or how she had fluttered her lashes at the man. He hated it, and the thoughts kept him awake at night so much, that after a fortnight of torture, he sunk to consult his brother on the matter.

"You're fully cunt-struck." Exclaimed Aegon with a smirk as he poured himself a cup of wine. He slapped his younger brother on the back, before offering him the cup. "Ladies like to be touched, they may pretend to be all virtuous and good, however most of them habe quite the- no all of them brother. All of them."  Aemond glared at Aegon. Shaking his head.

"I'm not going to touch her, I can't."

Aegon starting laughing as his brothers words, urging him once more to drink from the cup of wine. Aemond refused setting in down and staring at his brother. In hope that he may have some advice. He wouldn't ask his mother. She would suggest that they go prat together.

"I'm not saying that you should defile her honour. Make it suble brother. Go take a seat I'll tell you."

After the talk, Aemond had left red faced in both embarrassment and anger, hoping to never have to ask for advice from Aegon again. He instead chose to simply act as if nothing had transpired and join his and Valaena's history lesson in the garden.

Their tutor was telling them about northern rebellions and which house would or would not be advantageous to keep as ally's. When he remarked that only moons ago, Lord Cregan Stark had imprisoned his own uncle, because the man ruled in his name for years. Aemond could feel his palms tingle. He already knew of this, he felt like snapping at the tutorer for boring them with old news.

"So when Lord Stark came of age, having succeeded his father at a bery yong age, the Lord gathered support from a handfull of vassal houses and imprisoned not only his uncle, but also his nephews who tried to challenge his and his brothers right to the title as Warden."

"Talk to us about economic advantages instead." Interrupted the prince the Maester who tutored them on a weekly basis. Aemond's face exuded thunder.

"My apologies, My prince I will continue swiftly."

Valaena rolled her eyes at Aemond in annoyance, before continuing to politely smile at the Maester and make notes of what he was telling them.

After half an hour, the Maester left, instructed the two to make notes and read to prepare for their next lesson. However Valaena caught Aemond angrily scribbling on his scroll ikstead of making actual notes, and so she tapped him on his shoulder.

"What is up with you?"

"Nothing Laena, return to your books."

"Are you seriously still going to act sour because Cregan Stark touched my hand?" Laughter Valaena ashe closed the book in front of them. Stepping away from the marble table she brushed off her dress. He ignored her, grabbing the book from her hands and opening it once more. He grunted as he tried to look for the right page.

"Aemond."

She slammed the book shut once more, trying to catch his attention. "Aemond. Do not ignore me, I am your-"

"You are mine, mine indeed Valaena."  Spoke Aemond in anger, the High Valyrian language rolling of his tongue with ease. The Princess slightly frowned, trying to hide her annoyance. "I am no one but my own."