11

Aemond had stormed the pit, demanding to take Vhagar North and perhaps take Valaena away on his dragon so that he could wed her before another man could. Alas he'd been followed by a set of guards and his grandfather had to restrain him. Urging that they would issue a royal order. Forcing Valaena and Aemond to be wed. If he truly wanted her.

He didn't understand why his Grandfather supported him so at first. Confused as to why he would go the lenght that was a Royal order. It would infuriate Rhaenyra.

That was untill he explained the deal Aemond was to make.

Aemond knew he was betraying Valaena when he signed the papers. Writing his name down in condemning ink. He held his breath untill he signed both papers, his fingers aching with concern.

Otto Hightower made his grandson swear that Valaena and all of their future children would bend the knee to Aegon. Would the day come. Rhaenyra wouldn't be allowed to be Queen and Valaena had to testify to it.

Deep down he feared Valaena wouldn't sign it, he feared he might have to lure her. Because she would never sign it. And so he urged his grandfather to add the fine print to the bottom of the Royal order. So perhaps she wouldn't notice. He was willing to take the risk, eventually she would understand. She had to. A Queen would divide the realm.

King Viserys needed to sign on the order aswell, unfortunately Otto Hightower couldn't exercise his voice on a matter this heavy. So they had to wake the Ill Viserys, and het him well enough to sign.

The Hand also realized that he would have a war on his hands, lest he wouldn't cover up his tracks with Viserys's signature. They would send a royal order and then have Valaena sign that she would bend to a Hightower King in the capital. Al to ensure Aegon's ascension one day.

When the Velaryon Targaryen family landed North. Valaena tried to hold herself together for her family's sake. Sapphire, almost as large as Caraxes, could fortunately hold some of the Princess cases, ensuring that she had atleast some of her personal belongings with her. She had thrown them in so hastily and angry, not caring to pack, that when Rhaenyra had called upon her daughter to walk with her before they left. Jacearys had snuck into Valaena's room and packed for her. Ensuring that all of her lingering favorite belongings would travel with them.

She had considered simply flying away on Sapphire, perhaps to flee north, but what good would that do.

Lucerys had flown with his mother, as both the young Prince and his dragon were deemed to small to make the trip North. He had trembled as they took to the skies, some feeling of fear, and perhaps also relief, for Valaena wouldn't marry the man whose eye he took. Their trip took two days, and so, Vaelana was to marry Cregan on the eve of the third day they would arrive.

The North hadn't seen dragons in well over half a century. The last time had been when Queen Alysanne and King Jahaerys were still young. Their visit had stirred quite the controversy as Queen Alysanne pushed for many rights aiding in the improvement of women's lives. Much to the distaste of some of the Northern Houses. The Queen and King had also granted more land and soldiers to the Night's watch. Which the northernmost Lords disliked even worse.

Valaena wondered how the betrothal had come together. She had met Lord Stark twice, only briefly and both times Aemond had been bitter about it. The thought of him in the Capital, learning of the news stung her.

She had cried again as a carriage had been brought to take the Velaryo- Targaryen family to Winterfell. Silent tears streamed down her face as she kept her eyes on her parents. Begging them to allow her to turn around.