21

After writing to her mother, Valaena made her way back into the courtyard, where much to her suprise a large carriage had rolled in, bearing Targaryen sigils, but only leather trunks and wooden cases filled it.

After spending three weeks with only two cases of clothing and jewerly, Valaena, who said she was not vain merely a lover of good fashion, was more than relieved to be able to unpack her belongings.

She nearly ran up to Cregan, who eyed the haul with a frown. Besides him stood Lord Cerwyn. She could hear Rickon laugh. "Your wife has quite a taste." Remarked the Lord as he set his hands into his side. Valaena halted her step. Eager to hear more. Cregan only hummed in approval, and she narrowed her gaze as Rickon Cerwyn slapped the Lord on his back in a friendly manner. "You might wish to expand your bedchamber."

"Mhm, I am having a dressing room set up."

"A dressing room!" Exclaimed Rickon Cerwyn as he tried to hide his laughter. "And you've yet to share her bed? What-"

"Rickon." Cregan's voice was stern, as if it carried a warning, for him to no thread to close. "How can you not." Retorted Rickon in a low voice. "She is-"

"You're taking about my wife."

His R's, those damned R's.

Valaena decided to turn on her heel, she did not wish to make them think she overheard their conversation. She wondered if having a dressing room set up, would mean that Northern Ladies dressed in their bedchambers. Were they really that much simpler up North? Perhaps she needed to blend in, refuse a dressing room.

She pressed her back to the stone walls of the courtyard. Closing her eyes for a moment as she imagined autumn, and then winter. Would it be horribly cold? Valaena had not wondered why, in fact Cregan hadn't shared her bed yet. Of course, he was called away, and in mourning. But as long as they had not, their marriage could be dissolved. If anyone would dare question the matter of consummation.

"Princess, Lady Stark."

"Lord Blackwood." Valaena granted the man in front of her a smile. He was holding an archery bow and a dagger strapped to his side. "Are you leaving for a hunt?"

"Care to join?"

It would look ill on Cregan for her to do so, but she truly did consider it. she was a Princess and requiring her husbands approval did not sit right with her. "I should not." Confessed Valaena, despite the urge to follow Willem Blackwood. In truth she considered the older Lord her closest friend. Up North atleast.

She had not heard from Helaena in weeks.

She watched a sigh leave the Lord'a lips, as if he were dissapointed in her. Against her better judgement she offered him a grin. "Ask me again tomorrow, I need to unpack."

Valaena turned on her heel, finally making her way to her husband, and the servant's who were busy carrying her belongings inside.

"I am having these put inside our shared chambers." Hummed Cregan as he eyes fell on Valaena. "Do you wish to continue your swordlessons?"

"I do, but allow me to unpack. It is near supper, let's continue at dawn."

Valaena tried to avert her eyes from Cregan. She felt awkward at having to share a chamber. Her duties were nearing in, not much longer could she pretend she was a mere guest.