12

Valaena had stared at herself in the mirror that sat on the dresser for what felt like hours. Reminiscing.

She bit her lip bloody while raking her fingers over her dress. She sat there for hours, thinking of who she was to be.

Would she be alright, with bearing a son and then abandoning the child in the North, so she could live that she had dreamt of. She didn't want children, not yet.

Had she known, she would have packed handsfull off the herbal tea that prevented a child from forming.

Would Tansy grow in the North? But then, she would be forced to stay with Cregan for as long as she didn't give him a son. By law she had to stay by his side untill her death.

Daemon had promised that she could come home after she had given him an heir, her mother had suggested as much when she mentioned that she were to be Queen very soon.

Valaena sighted, thinking about whether or not to abandon a future child would do her no good. She pushed her face into her hands. Taking deep breaths, she expected tears to flow from her eyes again but found none, instead she had gone very silent, her heart hammering in her chest.

A knock on her door interrupted her moment of tranquil. She groaned, before getting to her feet and opening the door.

"Lord Stark."

"Princess, you must be cold."

Valaena frowned at his words, her eyes moving to his arms. Where a thick dark fur cloak hung. He wore one himself aswell.

"Winterfell was built upon Hot Springs, hence it is quite warm, however I wanted to ask you to walk the grounds with me, and the weathwr outside appears to be quite unforgiving ." 

Valaena stared at him. She opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out. She grimaced. Ashamed of herself.

Did Cregan not notice her horrible state, how distraught she had been.

"You'll have to ask my brother, Jacaerys to chaperone us."

The words, both the tone and structure of the sentence came out quite ruder than she had meant for them to be. So she slammes the door shut in Cregan's voice. Cursing softly as she shook her head. "Let me grab a cloak!" Shouted Valaena as she nearly stumbled over her bed and grabbed her light gray and purple cloak.

She would rather be cold than wear those ugly animal hides.

"I'll go retrieve your brother Princess."

She sighted, she counted Cregan's footsteps as he left. Pushing open the door only when she heard him knock on Jacaerys door. She waited untill she could see her brother from the crack of her door. Her eyes pleading him to please not abandon her.

Jacaerus kept akwardly coughing as they decended towards the grounds. Valaena frowned at how the soft mud of the grounds kept sticking to her shoes. They were fine flats, made out of leather and silk and she wanted to cry again as she watched them turn a dirty gray as they walked.

She noticed Cregan looking at her, and he must think her to be an arrogant Princess, she sighted. Offering him a smile before rolling her eyes when he turned to face her brother.

Why should she care what he thought of her.

Valaena didn't listen to Jacaerys and Cregan talk. She bit her lip again, the skin felt raw and she tasted blood.

"Are there gardens on the grounds?"

Valaena raised her chin, looking up at Cregan. He was so much taller than her, and his shoulders so wide. If she was to be his wife, he could do whatever he liked to her, and him being so tall and broad shouldered. It terrified her.