"I understand his pain" part 1

No one's POV:

"End of practice! Sleep early and wake up early! Dismissed!" Atobe's voice rang through the courts. Everyone bowed, "Hai, arigato-gosamasu!" Aira payed no attention from the bench she was sitting on and seemed to be reviewing stuff from her clipboard.

Atobe went up to her, wiping off sweat with his towel. "Seem's like the training is really starting to pay off. Ne, Hime?" Aira looked up and smiled slightly, "Ma , this is only a third of Rikkadai's training, but I don't think they will survive if we do the original one." Atobe snorted, it did sort of bug him that they were being slightly underestimated compared to Rikkadai, but he knew at there current state (the non-regulars) wouldn't be able to handle it. However he will never lower his pride and admit that Rikkadai is better then Hyotei, why would he when its not true? (Shin-chan: Your pride and ego is just to big)

Aira stopped writing and handed the clipboard to Atobe, "Here, these are some notes about our next session, I think we should focus on stretches and muscle training." Atobe said nothing as he looked through it, Aira said a quick goodbye and began to walk away. Atobe did not notice the cactus that fell out of nowhere which, of course, Aira caught. He did, however hear her softly talking to herself, "*sigh* that's the fifth cactus today, really, give me a better challenge"
.

.

.

.

Atobe almost felt pity towards the culprit. For some reason, even though he hasn't known her for that long, something told him that Tskiyomi Aira was not somebody you would want to make an enemy out of. Luckily for the culprit, Aira seemed to not take this seriously and is actually seems to be enjoying it. Still, no matter how confident she is, it wouldn't hurt to keep an eye out. He whispered out loud with a smirk, "Be awed by Ore-sama's generosity."

After Aira came home and started baking...

I just arrived at home, and finished baking a Rose pound cake (a special recipe) when my cell rang.

"Hello?" I answered calmly, It was my aunt, she lived in Kanagawa and worked at the general hospital there. "Is there something you need Aunt Aya?"

She answered sounding slightly sad, "Hello, my favorite niece, unfortunately I come with bad news and a favor." I started soaking the rose pound cake in a mixture of rose water and syrup. "Of course Auntie, it sounds pretty important" Auntie sighed, "you see, there is this patient, a polite young man, he's about your age, he just went through a life threatening surgery in order to play his favorite sport, tennis" I stopped, this sounded pretty serious, that boy must really love tennis.

My Aunt continued, "I'm one of his main nurses and a couple times we had small talks, but I can tell that to him, tennis is basically his life." I sat on my sofa, resting, but listening intently, "The thing is, the surgery was successful, but there is still that high change that he won't be able to play tennis again, we told him the news today and he is raging over it, refusing to talk to anyone, even his own team mates from his tennis club, when some of the nurses arrive, he would sometimes lose control and snap at them, our nurses are quite distressed and sometimes we find flower cases shattered in the room, but the thing is, we never saw him cry. He's doing everything else except crying, and I think that something worse will happen if he continues to be in this state." My heart wrenched slightly for the boy, but I felt no pity, if I did, I merely pushed it away, my reasons? Not to be told yet. "This is where you come in" my Aunt said, while I unconsciously raised my eyebrow, "In the past when you come to visit and help me, you are always able to help and heal the patients with mental issues." I thought for a bit, yeah I did help out in the past and was so interested in medical stuff back then that I studied like crazy, in fact, if I had to, I could do a surgery without any help, but I much prefer the job as a nurse, way less stressing. "And you are much more knowledgeable and skilled in medical studies then most people who work here, so my request is for you to be his main and only nurse for one month" she said in a pleading voice, my yes widened every so slightly, I was half expecting this.

I smiled, "Only recently, I started playing tennis again, and it was then when I realized how much I missed it, I felt empty when I don't play tennis, but I could have started again anytime I felt like it. However..." I trailed off while my Aunt listened hopefully, "if I was forced to not play tennis, I would really lose it, the pressure would be too hard for me." I smiled, "I feel like I understand this person's pain, I would love to help him and if possible, I would like to be the lead medical nurse in his rehabilitation."

I heard a gasp on the other side of the phone, "But, even if he goes through rehabilitation, there still is a high chance that he won't be able to play tennis." I smirked, "With me, the chance of success will be 80%. Auntie, I want to do this, I would never want a tennis player that loves tennis to not be able to play it anymore, and I insist that you won't need to pay me, I, in fact, would like to meet this boy, I feel like we can become good friends." 

I could sense that my Aunt was extremely touched, she always took her job seriously, "thank you so much! You really are the best niece a aunt could ask for!" I slightly sweat-dropped, "I'll come see him tomorrow since today is Friday, oh, and please do tell me his name." 

My aunt, by now was crying a few tears, she really is emotional when it comes to this kind of stuff, then my Aunt answered with a smile behind her tears, she took a few moments before answering,

.

.

.

.

"His name is Yukimura. Yukimura Seichii."