Chapter 12

This is just another cover I created for this fanfic that I wanted to share! This book is also available to read on Ao3 under the username in the picture above!

* * * 

Tomura quickly throws on his shoes and jacket before sprinting out the door. Midoriya had blocked Tomura from his thoughts a little over fifteen minutes ago, which wasn't good. It was something he rarely did, and because the dumb hero had been invited to meet with villains just minutes from now, Tomura could only guess why he was being blocked from his mind. 

Midoriya didn't want Tomura to know what he was doing. Little did the hero know that blocking him from his mind told Tomura everything he needed. 

Tomura takes to the rooftops in search of the stupid idiot, trying to remember which warehouse Midoriya was supposed to meet them at. His former Nemesis had not been thinking this through. For all the hero knew, this could be a trap, but he was still jumping right into things, even after his talks with Tomura. He uses the search quirk to pinpoint Midoriya's location and finds that he's on the other side of the city from Tomura. 

He tries to push down his anger as he follows after the twerp, summoning his wing quirk to get there even faster. He starts to head toward Midoriya in hopes of reaching him before he makes contact with the villains. 

By the time he arrives at the warehouse, Midoriya is already there. Tomura perches by a window where he has a pretty good aerial view of what's happening inside. He's still closed out of Midoriya's mind, so he cracks the window open to hear what's happening below. 

"You actually came," the villain scoffs. Tomura tries to get a good look at the villain, who's carrying a large sword on his back. It makes him curious about this villain's quirk. His face is covered, so Tomura has no idea if he's met this guy before. 

"You told me to come, so I did," Midoriya responds. His voice comes out steady, but Tomura can tell that the hero is nervous by how he fidgets with his arm braces. 

"And so you did," he chuckles. "You're so gullible. I hardly had to say anything, and I had you eating out of the palm of my hand!" 

Midoriya tenses up, and Tomura can see the green lightning form on the hero's body as he takes a readying stance. 

Tomura sees it before Midoriya does, and before he can even think about what he's doing, he jumps in from the open window, the rivet stab quirk coming from his fingers to block the attack of someone trying to hit Midoriya from behind. Midoriya's eyes meet his former Nemesis' briefly before he turns around to block the attack of the villain who lured him there. 

In the blink of an eye, more than ten villains are ready to take on the hero. Thankfully for Midoriya, he has backup. Even as powerful as the little hero is, it's easy to get overwhelmed when fighting so many people simultaneously. 

In a silent agreement, Tomura and Midoriya stand back to back, ready to face the threat together. While the green-haired man fights behind him, Tomura trusts the hero to have his back while he focuses his energy on the villains he can see.