Chapter 33

* * * 

* * * 

Tomura pretending to be surprised was only the raising of his eyebrows when he stepped through through his home and into the kitchen. Any more than that, and they'd be suspicious that he figured it out, anyway. 

Balloons in shades of blue and white are aired up and covering the ceiling and tied to the backs of chairs around the table, which held a spread of random finger foods and a three-tier display of vanilla cupcakes with blue frosting. A chorus of voices shout 'Happy Birthday' as he came into the kitchen, and Izuku grips his arm with a grin. Himiko comes to his other side and leads him further into the room. 

"So? You like it? Are you surprised, Shiggy?" she says, bouncing on her feet. "I made the cupcakes, so I'll be expecting you to tell me how they taste later!" 

"Oh, um, Toga," Izuku says, grabbing the woman's attention. 

"What's up, cutie-pie?" she grins. 

"I sort of maybe invited another guest," he says. 

"Hmm?" she says. "Who? I didn't think Shiggy had any other friends." 

Tomura glared at the blonde. "Thanks, that's nice of you to say." 

She mutters something under her breath about it being the truth before she turns her attention back to Izuku. 

"It's a classmate of mine," Izuku states. "Ochaco Uraraka. She wanted to meet you--officially, that is." 

Tomura was surprised that anyone in the room still had their hearing after having to listen to the high-pitched squeal that Himiko let out. "You really did? She's coming?" 

"She is," Izuku smiled. "She should be here any minute." 

And like he summoned her himself, the doorbell rings, and Himiko shoots out of the room and to the entryway. Tomura and Izuku follow her, ready to do any damage control needed for her excited behavior--but she's calmed down by the time she swings the door open, seemingly deciding to play it cool around her crush. 

"Hey," Uraraka says with a small wave. She's changed from her running clothes and into a pink dress and black leggings, with a slightly darker pink jacket over the top. Her face is flushed as she looks at the girl in front of her. 

"Hi," Himiko replies. "You can come in, you know." 

"Oh, yeah, of course," Uraka says. She steps through the door and enters the living room, following Himiko to the couch. 

"Do you want something to drink? Or something to eat?" she asks her guest. 

"A drink would be nice," Uraraka smiles. Himiko leaves to get her a drink, and Izuku gives her a thumbs-up as she heads off toward the kitchen. 

The night progresses smoothly, and Uraraka seems to blend right in with everybody. She sits close to Himiko the whole time but doesn't shy away from conversations with anyone. Tomura has a few drinks himself, and he starts to feel the effects of it as he plops down on the couch next to Izuku, who cuddles against him as soon as he's seated. Kurogiri had been in the kitchen mixing the drinks, so he knew they were sure to be strong.