Chapter 23

"Sorry about her," Tomura says as he walks Izuku up the stairs and to his bedroom. "Himiko's just excited that I'm making new friends." 

Once they reach the bedroom, Tomura closes the door behind them. "I thought we could watch a movie or something," he says, reaching toward his neck. He doesn't scratch it; instead, he places his hand over the spot he usually digs at. 

"We can do whatever you want," Izuku says. Tomura looks at the other man, taking in the faint blush on his freckled cheeks. Before he can think twice, he reaches out and rubs his thumb across Izuku's cheek. His skin is warm beneath his fingers, and Izuku never takes his eyes off Tomura's, causing his stomach to twist in a funny way. 

Izuku always looks at him with eyes full of warmth and reverence, which always throws Tomura for a loop. Even before they'd kissed, Izuku's eyes were something Tomura could never get out of his mind. 

He pulls his hand back and heads toward his bed. He scoots over and looks at Izuku, who's still standing by the door, nervously picking at his cuticles. The look on his face is cute, and Tomura can't help but swoon just a little bit more as he looks at him. 

"You can come sit down, you know," Tomura says playfully. Izuku listens and crawls onto the other side of the bed after peeling off his sweatshirt and depositing it on the floor. He sinks into the mattress beside Tomura, leaving about twelve inches of space between the two of them. Tomura would prefer it if Izuku were closer, but he's unsure how to ask. Instead, he continues to tease Izuku because the little reactions he gets out of the hero are equally as priceless. 

"You weren't so nervous last time I had you in bed with me," he shoots, and Izuku tenses. 

"That was different! I was asleep!" he exclaims. Tomura reaches for the remote and sets it on Izuku's lap. He picks it up and turns the TV on before surfing the streaming services for something to watch, intently looking at the screen. 

Tomura wants Izuku to look at him, though. He just doesn't quite know how to ask for it. His hands fidget under the blanket in his lap as he looks at the man beside him. Izuku has a focused look, with his bottom lip pulled between his teeth. He lets go, and his lip slides out before running his tongue over the bitten surface, and Tomura can't look away. Literally everything Izuku does makes his heart flutter in his chest. 

Izuku eventually finds some cheesy hero movie and clicks play before setting the remote down. He pulls the covers up and adjusts himself, slithering a little closer to Tomura but still not close enough to be touching him, which drives him mad. 

Tomura looks at the hero sitting next to him. Rolling his eyes, he finally reaches out and grabs Izuku around his middle, pulling him against himself. He's now lying almost on top of him, with his leg thrown over Tomura's. Izuku looks up at Tomura with a look of surprise in his eyes. 

"You were too far away," Tomura shrugs before burying his face in the hero's hair. He inhales, breathing in the sweet scent of whatever shampoo Izuku uses, and his muscles start to relax. It had only been a few days since he'd last seen Izuku, but that was far too long. If he could have his way, he'd be here all the time, no ifs and buts about it. 

He never thought he'd feel this way about someone, but being close to Izuku just felt right. Nothing in his life had ever felt this right before now. With Izuku in his arms, he felt as if he were finally breathing in and catching his breath for the first time in years. 

Izuku's eyes are on the TV at the foot of the bed, but Tomura's are on the man in his arms. He wraps his limbs around him, holding him as close as possible. He runs his fingers through his crazy green hair, loving how soft it feels in his half-gloved hand.