Chap. 3

Mason's pov.

Oh my god, I was starving, I knew I should've packed my lunch. I just didn't really think that all the errands I ran today would take long. Who would've known that you actually talk to an operator to get your plane tickets straight?

My feet speed up, as the blinking sign of my parents pizzeria comes into view. "Cheese pizza..." I mumble and my mouth waters at just the thought of the pizza.

"Hello welcome to Mason's Pizzaria!" My dad shouts at the bell jingles overhead, and I walk up to the counter with a smile. "Hey papi I missed you?" I say and he gives me a curious but happy smile.

"What do you want cio?" He asks in his deep Italian voice.

Smiling sweetly at him I tilt my head, using my cutest baby voice, I add in puppy dog eyes to make it more cuter. "Papi can you make me a cheese pie?"

I stretch my eyes even further as he lets out a few chuckles. "Sure but you have to work to earn it. Now get to work, your mama's in the back making pasta. You can help her with that, or you can get started on the dressings."

I mock his thick Italian accent, which makes him grunt, and swat at my bottom as I pass by.

"You dare disrespect our Italian heritage." I giggle and lean against the counter, getting ready for the rant that I know's about to take place. "Generations of Piclio's have lived in Italy. Hell we lived there, and you were born and raised there too. That is until you turned—."

I roll my eyes, while finishing the sentence in Italian. "Nine years old papi." Nodding his head with a proud smile he winks.

"That's right baby boy and you better remember it." I walk back into the kitchen with a smile. "Let me guess he gave you the Picilo talk again?"  I nod my head with a dramatic sigh. "Yes, just because I mocked his accent. Can you believe the filthy animal?"

I ask in a fake New York accent, and she gives me a mischievous smile and wink. "Well you can't pick cio you sound just like him." I look at my mama, and let out a fake groan.

"Please don't tell me it's that bad." Tapping her chin with floury fingers she shrug. "You sound like you're Italian, but your accent really comes out when you're angry. It's so adorable, especially when you make the 'I can't poop' face."

I walk over to her, and wipe the flour off her chin. "I'll take over from here, and I do not." I say while grabbing a rolling pin and cutting board, so that I can roll out the dough for pasta.

"So when is your flight tomorrow?" She asks and I can't see her face, but I know she's going to cry from the croaking in her voice. I wince and turn around, so that I'll see her reaction when I tell her the news.

"Mama it's actually today at seven."

Her knife clatters onto the counter and she sniffles loudly. "What did you do this time Mason?" Turning around I face my papa.

"Nothing papi I just told her my flights today." His face changes and he gives me a confused look as he shakes his head. "I thought that it was tomorrow?" Leaning back against the counter top I cross my legs over one another.

"It was...but while I was checking over everything today, my travel agent offered me a lower price on a flight. We chatted over the phone and she exchanged my ticket." I say and he tears up also.

Oh fuck my life...

"We're going to miss you baby boy!" My dad says as they both walk over and surround me in a group hug.

I smile in contentment. "I'm going to miss you guys too. Even Ms. Julie that sits at table three, the one that likes to cop a feel." I say and mom laughs wryly. "Did you know that she knows I bat for the same team as her?"

Papa flicks my head in annoyance. "Shut up." Whining I rub my forehead. "Papi!" He kisses it better with a smirk on his lips.

"You're running the moment cio." I hide my face in my mama boobs, as she rubs my hair while snuggling me more.

"Can you promise me one thing cio?" My dad asks and I look up at him with an raise eyebrow. "Please practice safe sex, and no partying. I don't want you to get in any trouble, just stay safe...in sex too." Groaning again I throw my head back in total embarrassment. "What is the world coming to?"

I think my embarrassment is over, but my mom opens her mouth. "No I want grandkids Mallon!" Shit I spoke to soon.

{edited 11/13/16}