𝟏𝟓. Protective

How do y'all think this book is working out? Because at this point it's kind of like a series of short stories and not a like.. one big story but I still kind of like it.
Lmk what y'all think. ❤️❤️

1400 words.

T.W. crying, iconic Matt, party, cursing, talking about suicide/ self harm, fight, protective
Nick/Chris/Matt, derealization, fluff, anger issues.
——————————————

Why did they decided to go to a party? Because Matt wanted too. Matt never wants to go to parties normally but he decided they had to get out of the house. And however Nick and Chris protested Matt insisted because they hadn't showed themselves on the internet for a month and everyone is thinking they're dead.

So there they are, on a party, in the middle of the night. But Nick and Chris only went with it because it was a birthday party of their friend.

Nick looks at Matt. He looks like he's having fun. At least he tries to look like he's having fun. Nick can see he doesn't enjoy it as much as he thought he would, but he's doing great for hating parties.

Nick is talking with Chris and someone else but he slowly trails off. Zoning out, his eyes get heavy and it's hard to breathe. His body feels weird, unreal almost. Nick has this sometimes in social situations. Nick is almost always very energetic and social but sometimes he gets these moments where it just seems like he's in another world. Everything goes slower, his mind gets fuzzy and the world looks weird. Like it's zoomed out, a drawing.

He talked about it with Matt one time. He said he got it too. He told Nick to take a deep breath, step away from everything and enjoy the silence in your head before it all comes back like a tsunami. "You can always call me when that happens, it can be kind of a uncomfortable feeling." Matt had said.
Matt was right, it's like he's on drugs. Everything is quiet.

Finally silence.

Without thinking he steps away from the people he'd been talking to. He walks through the house, not knowing where his body would take him. Until he's in front of a bathroom. He steps inside, locks the door and slides down the wall. Enjoying the silence and taking deep breaths just like Matt had told him.

He slowly lets tears stream down his face, suddenly feeling desperate of being held. He takes his phone out.

Matt can you come to bathroom?

He throws his phone on the floor, completely forgetting to take breaths. Not even five minutes later he hears a knock on the door. "Nick? It's Matt." Nick lets out a shaky breath and unlocks the door. Matt's expression softens at the sight of Nick, knowing exactly what is happening. he locks the door and kneels down next to Nick, pulling him close in a hug.

"Matty I'm scared." Nick whispers. Matt rubs his back softly. "It's okay, I'm here." He soothes. So Matt just holds Nick like that for another twenty minutes and then everything comes back to Nick. The voices, the music, the thoughts, the colors, realism and emotions. It all hits him at once.

He feels Matt holding him a little tighter and he breaks out in soft sobs. Matt shushes him softly while striking his hair and slowly coaching him through some deep breaths.

After Nick finally calmed down he lets himself fall backwards against the wall. "Fuck." He groans. "You okay?" Matt asks. Nick nods. "Yeah." Matt smiles at him. "I'm glad you texted me."

"Why?"

"Because I know how it feels, and I know how much you needed me." Nick only nods. "Thank you Matty." He says, looking up at Matt.