J: 0.6 His only victim.

JAMES POTTER

When Severus received an owl letter, I stood behind him; he immediately closed the letter, and I followed the envelope seal with my gaze. Evan Rosier was the source. Since Severus is being reticent about disclosing the letter, I assumed right away that he was his lover at the time. However, when Severus said, "Not yet," it took me a few seconds to gather my thoughts because it perturbs me to imagine him floundering with someone else.

We had eaten, but I was so lost in my thoughts that I could barely eat anything. The reason is that Evan Rosier was a close friend of Regulus. When I was dating Lily in our seventh year, there was a rumor that went around that Severus Snape was a Pure Blood slut chaser and that he had slept with most, if not all, of the Slytherins in our year to clean the muggle blood out of him. At the time, I didn't care to play around with him because I had already won Lily over, and he was just that barrier separating us. However, if I had paid closer attention, I wonder if Evan would have been listed. The idea of it weighs heavily on my conscience.

I left as soon as we finished eating. I needed clarification, and I needed it from someone who had both inside and outside knowledge of him during our academic year.

I had initially picked up Harry, but Severus wanted to switch kids, and that was completely unexpected if I had to be honest. When Harry came home for Christmas break, he told me all about this kid and how he made his life miserable. Professor Black and him both, holding Draco and being in such proximity with both people who make my son's life so difficult, made me wonder if I was a good Father or if I cared enough to listen to his troubles. Regarding the child, it's clear that he harbors a secret infatuation for Harry. As for Severus, he most likely wanted to exact revenge on me for everything I had done to him but wasn't sure how to channel his rage.

Harry was an easy target. But the way he held my son in his arms all night, his little face nestled against his chest, warms my heart. It's complex; his actions as a professor are simply wrong, but his actions as a parent or guardian are admirably moral.

I was relieved to find that hanging out with Draco Malfoy all day wasn't too tough. He frequently screams and cries, but a single broom ride fixes it. I would soar about the Potter Manor while holding him, bringing him inside, and having a room ready for him by the house elves.

I took a bath with Draco that evening, and the more I thought about Severus having sex with all of the Pure Blood's from Slytherin, the more enraged I became.

Is me being a pureblood simply not enough for him?

"P-Pure!" Blowing bubbles beneath the bathtub, Draco lets out an enthusiastic exhale.

After giving his platinum blonde hair a shampoo scrub and giving him a tap on the back when he sneezed, we left and I got him a matching bathrobe in white and reddish-orange.

"Roar! Roar!"

As Draco starts to run about and trips over the bathroom tile, he yells and falls flat on his face.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh~!" Draco cries as he starts sobbing uncontrollably.

I picked him up and checked to see if there were any wounds on him, but he was free of injuries, which is good because I'm not all that close to Lucius Malfoy to even want to converse with him.

For the rest of the week, I went back to work, and Sirius in his cell was content to hold and keep tiny Draco company in the evenings. The Dementors circle the island while I walk around the halls, and every time one gets too close to Sirius's cell, Draco sobs uncontrollably.

I don't talk to Severus; I just pick Draco up at twilight and drop him off in the morning. It's not that I don't want to talk to him; Rather, it's because of all Sirus has told me about him. Simply put, I'm not sure what to believe. I make an effort to remember why we found him so repulsive and to detest him for his mere existence, but the thing about him that bothers me the most is the Death Eater tattoo on his left wrist. As Aurors, it is our responsibility to apprehend Death Eaters, and yet, I go out and have sex with one.