Duet (Quicketh)

"I was thinking that the winners of our duets competition would take the lead for Sectionals." Mr. Schue stated.

"Ken and Barbie?!" Rachel exclaimed. "No way!"

"Rachel." Finn scolded. "At least give them a chance to show something off."

"Actually, since Sam and I aren't together anymore, I'd prefer to sing with Noah." Quinn noted.

"What if I wanna take the duet with someone else?" Sam asked.

"Noah and I have seniority." Quinn pointed out.

"Plus, we've been working on some stuff." Puck added. "And Beth's coming to watch us perform."

"Beth's coming?!" Finn exclaimed.

"She's, like, five months old." Santana said.

"Yeah, can she even recognize faces or voices yet?" Tina wondered.

"She recognizes us and ours." Quinn nodded.

"Quinn, Puck, why don't you show us what you've been working on?" Mr. Schue suggested. "And then we can take a vote."

-

"Okay." Mr. Schue said. "Looks like everyone voted for Quinn and Puck to take the duet at Sectionals."

Quinn smiled at Puck, who smirked back as their friends clapped supportively.

"Hang on." Santana said. "If they're taking the duet, who's getting solos? Because I'd like to nominate myself."

"I'd like to nominate myself." Mercedes chimed in.

"I nominate them, too." Brittany agreed.

"Thirded." Tina added.

"Okay." Mr. Schue nodded. "So Quinn and Puck will start us off with a duet, then I think we should have one of the girls do a solo while highlighting a dance duet of Brittany and Mike Chang."

"I don't even get a solo?!" Rachel exclaimed.

"No, Rachel, you don't." Mr. Schue replied. "Santana and Mercedes, you can decide which one of you will get the solo now and which one of you will get it for Regionals."

"If we make it." Rachel muttered.

"That's enough." Mr. Schue said.

"Yeah, keep that up and Tina and Artie will get the duet at Nationals." Santana warned Rachel.

"Let's get back to rehearsing."

-

"You okay?" Puck asked Quinn.

Quinn slowly shook her head. "No, I'm totally freaking out. Last time we performed in front of an audience I went into labor. I think I'm having post-traumatic stress disorder."

"FYI I'm totally available to fill in." Mercedes chimed in.

"No one's filling in." Mr. Schue stated, looking at Puck and Quinn.

"Yeah, Q, we've got this." Puck promised. "The last time you performed at a competition, you were super pregnant, and you got through it."

"Besides, you can't go into labor this time." Santana added. "Unless there's something you're not telling us."

Quinn gave her a look.

"You can do this." Puck swore. "Beth's gonna love it, and we're gonna win."

"Okay." Quinn smiled slightly.

"Let's go this." Puck smiled back.

"Show circle!"

-

Quinn couldn't wipe the grin off her face the entire time she and Puck sang their duet together at Sectionals. Puck wasn't the best dancer, but he had never been better. He was looser with Quinn, and she knew it was because Beth was in the audience.

As soon as they finished their duet, Quinn and Puck spotted Beth, waving before taking their places for the next number.

Once Santana's solo was over, the New Directions left the stage and went back to take their seats in the audience.

Quinn took Puck's hand and led him to her mom and Beth.

"You were great, Quinny." Judy smiled as she hugged Quinn. "Beth was captivated by you."

"Thanks for bringing her." Quinn smiled when she and Judy parted.

"We can take her back to sit with us." Puck said, putting his hands out.

Judy passed Beth to Puck, who put the blonde on his hip and kissed her cheek.

"What do you think, B? Mama was really good, right?"

"So were you." Quinn told Puck. "You've never danced better."

Puck smirked. "Come on, we should go back and sit."

-

Quinn and Puck brought Beth on stage with them while they stood with the other teams waiting to hear the winners.

"In third place, the Hipsters! Thank you, drive carefully. And now, the winner of this year's west central Sectionals is... it's a tie. Congratulations! You're all going to the Regionals!"

"A tie?!" Rachel exclaimed, glaring at Quinn, Puck, Santana, Brittany, and Mike.

"Ignore her." Puck said.

"I can't believe we're going to Regionals." Quinn stated. "Again."

"See? Beth must be our good luck charm." Puck noted.

"We lost last year's Regionals because of her." Quinn reminded Puck.

"Let's just celebrate this." Puck said. "We won because of you."

"And you."