Babysitter (Quicketh/P)

"Hey." Quinn smiled as she walked over to greet Puck at the football game.

"Hey." Puck grinned. "You made it."

"Yeah, sorry I'm late." Quinn apologized. "It's a little too cold to bring Beth, and my mom had dinner plans, so I had to find a sitter."

"Well, Finn's mom is here so who'd you leave her with?" Puck wondered.

"Ruth." Quinn answered.

"You left Beth with my mom?" Puck questioned Quinn.

"Yeah." Quinn nodded. "Is that a problem?"

"She's never watched Beth on her own before." Puck pointed out.

"Yeah, but she raised two children, Noah." Quinn reminded Puck.

"She didn't raise me." Puck argued. "And she barely raised Sarah. I did that."

"Beth will be okay." Quinn responded. "Right?"

"I'd rather her be here honestly." Puck muttered. "Or maybe Santana's mom can watch her?"

"Do you think I should go get her?" Quinn asked.

"I don't know." Puck shrugged.

"She's your mom." Quinn said. "You decide."

"Go get her."

-

"Is everybody okay?" Puck asked as he entered the Puckerman house. "What the hell was so important that I had to leave the game for?"

"I'm sorry." Quinn apologized softly as she packed up the diaper bag and put it on her shoulder.

Puck looked at her and he could tell she had been crying. "What's wrong?"

"I wanna get Beth home." Quinn decided before walking out with Beth.

Puck followed Quinn to her car. "Wait a sec, that's it? You told me there was an emergency, I came running, and now you won't even talk to me?"

"I'm sorry." Quinn said again, buckling Beth in her car seat.

"Stop saying sorry and just tell me what happened." Puck requested as he gently grabbed Quinn's shoulder. "Did my mom say something to you? Did she leave Beth alone or something?"

"No, your mom left after I got back." Quinn told Puck. "When I got here, I heard her screaming at Beth."

"Screaming at Beth?" Puck repeated with a frown as he looked at the tiny blonde baby in the car. "Is she okay?"

Quinn nodded and took a deep breath. "She was screaming at Beth to stop crying. I heard her tell Beth if she didn't knock it off, she could cry it out on the floor by herself."

"Q, I'm really sorry." Puck said, keeping his eyes on Beth as he pulled Quinn into his arms. "Come here."

Quinn didn't say anything. She couldn't, being that she broke down the moment Puck pulled her into his arms.

"I'm really sorry." Puck told Quinn as he started to pull away.

Quinn held onto Puck, not wanting him to see her cry. She took a moment to collect herself before letting go and turning back to Beth.

"My mom wouldn't have hurt her, but I'm glad you got here when you did." Puck added. "And we are never letting her babysit again."

"She doesn't even get to see Beth if I'm not there." Quinn said as she looked at Puck.

"Yeah."