Sobriety (Puck/Finn/Quinn)

"And for you?"

"I'll get a Moscow mule." Puck ordered. "Virgin."

"Make it a double!" Finn called after the waiter as he walked away. He turned to Puck. "Virgin? Are you pregnant or something?"

"No." Puck rolled his eyes. "Quinn and I talked, and we agreed that I should give up drinking."

"Why?" Finn asked.

"Because it's fucking up our relationship." Puck answered.

Finn furrowed his eyebrows. "What?"

"I started overdoing it." Puck confessed. "And I don't wanna ever end up like my dad so I'm sober."

"Dude, wow, I had no idea." Finn said.

"It's not a big deal." Puck shrugged. "Quinn still drinks in front of me and I'm fine."

Finn nodded slowly.

-

"Here you guys go. Can I get you anything else?"

"I think we're good, thanks." Finn responded, looking at Puck.

"Yeah, we're good." Puck agreed.

"Okay."

Finn picked up his glass and looked at Puck. "Cheers. To neither of us dying in the military."

"Cheers." Puck repeated, clinking his glass against Finn's before sipping it. He pulled it away and spit back into it.

"That's just how they taste without alcohol." Finn said.

"This definitely has booze in it." Puck shook his head.

"Are you serious?" Finn wondered, taking the glass and sniffing it. "Does this count as ruining your sobriety?"

Puck shrugged. "I don't know."

"I'll be right back." Finn decided as he got up.

"Let's just leave." Puck suggested.

"Are you sure?" Finn asked.

"Yeah, I wanna go."

"Okay."

-

"Q, I need to talk to you." Puck said softly. "Where's Beth?"

Quinn furrowed her eyebrows as she looked from Puck to Finn and back to Puck. "Sounds serious. Are you okay?"

"Where's Beth?" Puck asked again.

"She's in her room." Quinn answered. "What's wrong, Noah?"

"I had alcohol today." Puck blurted. "I ordered a mocktail, but they put booze in it, and I had a sip."

"But he spit it out once he realized." Finn added defensively.

Quinn looked at Finn.

"I'm gonna go say hi to Beth." Finn muttered, excusing himself.

"I'm sorry." Puck apologized. "I've been taking this sobriety stuff really seriously and even though this ruins it, it won't change that."

"This doesn't ruin it." Quinn told Puck. "You didn't choose to drink, and from what you and Finn said, you chose not to."

Puck nodded.

"And you came home right away to tell me." Quinn added. "You're not hiding it like before."

"Yeah." Puck said.

"I'm proud of you, Noah." Quinn noted. "For getting sober and for telling me about this. And I think you should mention it to your therapist or your sponsor or someone, but as far as I'm concerned, this doesn't count."

"Thanks, Q."