Chapter 23

Thank you for reading Enjoy

Chapter 23

"All I wanted was you," Jerry admitted.
He isn't seeing her, not the way she is now, Madison thought, he is seeing her as a teenager.
"I watched you, how you wouldn't go to those men who knocked on your door at night when they had finished with your mother and still wanted more." Jerry looked like he was seeing it all again.

Madison cringed, she had blocked out those nights.

"I watched you when you thought you were alone. You were so pretty," His voice faded and grew soft as he remembered her then. "That pretty, long blonde hair. I wanted to run my fingers through it. I did, too, when I could sneak in."

Matt felt his heart drop and something thick stick in his throat. His blood went cold from Jerry's words, and then started to boil as he listened to Jerry go on. The man was crazy, stalking his own sister. It was sick, and wrong.  Matt had never felt such a sick feeling in his stomach as he did now.

They weren't dealing with just a killer. They were dealing with someone mentally unstable. Matt hated the fact that Jerry had done this to someone he cared about, more, he hated what Madison was going through. And poor Josh, he was too young to have to listen to any of this. Matt knew he would have to sit the boy down and explain quite a bit when this was over.

Feeling his fingers tingle from the tightness of his fist, Matt forced his hands to open and close to bring back the circulation. He needed to get them out safely and quickly.

Madison shuddered, it had been Jerry watching her, touching her this entire time. She was imagining it. She wasn't crazy. In a way it was a relief to know that she was completely sane and that everything she thought she imagined really did happen. But then there was a ball in her stomach that churned knowing it really happened.

"Your skin's so soft. I touched you a few times. It's as soft as it looks in the candlelight right after your bath. I wanted to touch you then, but I could never get in. You kept your window and door locked. I was always angry when you locked me out," Jerry looked up at her and glared with fierce anger he still held onto.

Madison pulled her knees up and curled into a ball against the cave wall. The nights she would soak in the tub and then race to her room, he was there, trying to get to her. She remembered locking herself in, not wanting any of the men her mother was entertaining coming to her, but instead it was Jerry getting to her.

"Oh Maddie, it was always you," Jerry smiled as if she had to know this. He lifted the gun and aimed it at her. "Always you."

Tyner was flustered by all of this. Stone is his father. Madison, his sister. Jerry was a complete psychopath admitting all of this to Madison Stone believing he would be completely forgiven. He won't be forgiven not now. The McKennan's would make sure of that.

Doesn't this change the whole dynamics of the case? Tyner wasn't the brightest or best cop. He knew he had the job because of the sheriff and his family. But this news changes everything.

Madison Stone is nothing more than a do-gooder, who happened to be the Sheriff and the town tramp's daughter. She had nothing, was nothing in this town. Hell, if anyone should be forgiving anyone around here, it should be him. After all, he is the rightful heir to the Stone fortune.

"They've got to be up ahead," Travis commented as he continued to listen on the phone. "It's the closest cave, we weren't that far behind them. They've got to be in there, it's gotta be close."

Matt, Daniel, and Michael agreed. They had taken only the little bit of time necessary to get to the house and regroup, an hour tops, they had been searching for at least three hours now and had to be getting close. The good news was, they knew Jerry wasn't moving around. He was stationary and holed up in a cave somewhere. They would find Jerry and his hostages soon.