Chapter 6 - Falling Under

Chapter 6

Falling under

Ash's POV

The smell of blueberry pancakes filled my nose. My eyes opened and the morning sun was shooting rays of light through the bedroom window. I sighed and sat up, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I walked out of the bedroom and followed the smell of pancakes.

Blueberry pancakes is my all-time favorite. I wonder how Titan knew such a thing. I never told him anything about me. I barely even know him and some part of me feels like I have known Titan for all my life. I get this gut feeling that he will protect me.

I keep telling myself to listen to Titan. Listen when he says that he will protect me. But to be honest, all my life I learned to protect myself. I learned to do my own thing. How can I be able to let him protect me?

I walked into the kitchen and I seen something that put a huge smile on my face. Titan was cooking shirtless. His back muscles were so defined that it looked like mountains on his back. The way his muscles flowed around looked so beautiful. Now that is what I have always dreamed off. Seeing a hot guy cooking for me.

His head turned towards me, kicking me out of my daze. He smiled and said, "How'd you sleep?"

I smiled back and said, "Good." He nodded and put a plate of pancakes in front of me.

I smiled down at the plate and lifted my head back up to look at Titan. I wiggled my eyebrows and asked, "How'd you know this is my favorite?"

"I know everything about you. I can feel what you are feeling. I can feel what you are thinking. I also can feel that my back muscles are extremely defined. That looked like mountains." He informed me. My face turned red of embarrassment. I looked down at my plate, lifting up my fork and started to eat. I am not looking up. I know he is looking at me right now. I can't look at him right now. It's too hard to do that.

"You know that I know that you're trying to avoid eye contact?" Titan asked me as he sat down beside me, lifting his fork up.

I turned to him and said, "You need to stop doing that. I need my privacy you know." He laughed and shook his head.

"I can't help it. I can't turn it off." He shrugged and took a bite of his pancake.

I rolled my eyes and continued to eat my breakfast.

We continued to talk for hours and laugh about everything. We even took a walk through the woods. The woods, surprisingly was so peaceful. If only I grew up here.

I turned to Titan whom was sitting on the couch reading a book. I smiled and walked over, sitting down next to him. He looked up from his book and smiled. He bent the corner of the book and folded it, so he could go back to his page later.

"When am I going to be able to leave from this place?" I asked. Titan tilted his head and started for a few seconds before understanding what I asked.

"Possibly never. If they find out that you're alive..... If they find out, I will be dead, you will be dead and everyone else whom knew. I am only keeping you here to protect you." Titan explained.

But doesn't he have to protect his self also? I mean look at him, he is a robotic killing machine. If his boss found out that he has been hiding me, things are going to get so bad. More than I can think is possible.

"I do have to protect myself. But you are my first priority." He told me, making me blush a little. I love how he can just read my mind.

"I never understood why people blushed. I been reading and I found out that when people blush, it basically means that they are in love, or they are embarrassed." Titan informed. I stiffened. I am not in love with him am I? I just met him last night. But I do feel like I have known him for such a long period of time. If only that was true.

We were silent for a few minutes until I finally spoke up. "Tell me about yourself." I demanded.

Titan looked to me and said, "I don't necessarily have anything to tell about myself. You basically know already."

"I only know about what you were built to do. But not something about you, Titan." I pointed out. He titled his head in confusion.

I sighed and said, "Titan, I mean like what are your interest, what do you like to do, what is your favorite food, etc."

"Well...." He started off and licked his lips. He then continued and said, "I like to read, I like to kill, I like to go to clubs. Mainly because it's amazing how all the different people can move like they can. And to answer your question about food, I can't really taste anything but a couple things. I was born like that."

How can a robot not taste any foods? There is tons of foods out there that is extremely delicious. But Titan can't taste any of it. If you ask me, I would say that being a robot is irrationally stupid and boring.

I nodded, and soon as I nodded, he smiled big. The whitest teeth I have ever seen in my entire life. How can someone have such white teeth? Of course, robots.

"What if you could come human? Would you ever want to?" I asked Titan curiously. He just stared at me for a few seconds, trying to think through my question.

"Well...." He started off and scratched the back of his head and added, "Well once you become a robot, you can't change of what, or whom you became. You either have a job you were built to do or you are just like everyone else."

What did Titan mean by everyone else? He sounded so hysterically it was unreal. Titan's phone started to ring, interrupting me from my thoughts. I looked over at him and he pulled out his phone and slid the answer button.

"Hello Dave, what can I do for you?" Titan answered.

Dave? Who is Dave? I wondered.

"Ok, I will take care of it."

"I understand, sir." He said and hung up.

Titan turned to look at me and he had a depressed look on his face.

"Who's Dave?" I asked.

"My boss. I just called in to take care of something. I will be back soon, I probably won't be back until the middle of the night. So I will see you later." He said and walked towards the door.

I got up and rushed over towards him. I grabbed his arm and turned him around.

His eyes met mine and he looked at me curiously, studying my facial expression.

"Is it a dangerous-" I began to ask before he stopped me.

"I will be back. Do not worry about me, Ash. I will be fine. I am much stronger and faster than all of them." He informed. So he means that there is more than one person he is dealing with?

I nodded and smiled. He smiled back and turned to walk out the door, shutting it behind him. I sighed and sat down on the couch. I sure hope Titan is going to be ok.