Chapter 11 - Everybody has to do what they got to do....To Survive

Chapter Eleven

Everybody has to do what they got to do....

To Survive

Ash's POV

I took a sip out of my coffee when I heard a noise outside. Titan shouldn't be here just yet. I gulped and put the mug down and tip toed to the closet where the surveillance was. There was four men with black suits. One out front, one on the right side, one at the back and one on the left side.

Oh god, where are you Titan?!

I grabbed the gun from the shelf in the closet and hid myself inside. I heard the front door open.

Come on Ash. Get it together. You can take them.

I seen footsteps under the door. I pointed the gun at the door and waited.

The door opened and I pulled the trigger. My eyes widen when I noticed whom I shot.

Titan.

"OH MY GOD!" I screamed as the bullet rikeshaded off of him and on the door.

I dropped the gun and hugged Titan so hard that I bet he couldn't breathe. Well, if he could breathe like me and other humans.

"We don't have much time. There is more coming." He told me and grabbed onto my hand. He pulled me out of the closet and to the bedroom. He pulled out our duffel bags and slipped clothes inside.

"We have to go on foot. The car that I have, they were able to track us. That is why they know about you. Us." He told me as he slipped in my clothes.

"They are going to kill me, aren't they?" I asked worried. I pushed back the tears and tried to main calm.

"Not as long as I live. They will not hurt you, Ash." He told me. I nodded and walked over, helping him with our clothes.

"I think my parents can help. I know they can." I told Titan. He turned to me and handed me my bag.

"Ash that will only be bad in the end. They will kill your parents if they knew you were alive." Titan told me.

"Then we will go to them. They live in New York City. We can make it there." I told him.

"Damnit Ash. Let's go. We don't have time for this." He shouted at me and grabbed onto my hand. He ran to the closet and shoved guns in his back and knifes in his boot.

"We are going to my parents. They will help us. Trust me Titan." I told him as I grabbed onto his hand. He looked me into the eyes and stared deeply.

"Fine, we need to run. They will be here any second." He told me. As he said that, the door busted open. Titan turned around and pulled out two of his guns and started shooting.

"RUN! I will find you. I know everywhere you go." He shouted at me. I did as he said and ran as fast as I could out the back and towards the woods. I continued to hear gun shots. I tried to clear them out and continued to run. The branched crumbled under my feet like a piece of glass.

Then I stopped dead in my tracks when there was a big boom. Flames burst through the air. I jumped and turned around.

Titan. I said in my head. The flames began again. Tears began to fill my eyes. I turned back around started running again. Titan told me to run and that is what I am going to do.

*~*~*~*~*~*

I have been running for hours and still have no idea where I am. I barely even stopped. The flames and smoke in the air faded after a while ago. Probably because of how far the distance that I have ran. I finally stopped when I came upon an opening in the woods. The opening was huge, I have never seen anything like it. The moonlight shined through the opening like god said, 'Let there be light.' I finally sat down and laid down on the grass, trying to catch my breath.

I have not ran like that since cross country and track in high school. I am so out of shape. More than I have thought I would ever be.

I heard footsteps approaching and I jumped up. I couldn't see who it was from it being dark from afar. I gulped and started running again. Before I knew it I ran into something hard and fell to the ground.