Chapter 26 - Sometimes You Just Got To Do Things Yourself

Authors Message: NEW CHAPTER YAY! Don't forget to vote/comment and or share!

Ash's POV

My mind was racing a thousand miles a minutes. I didn't think twice about leaving Titan but it was something that I had to do. He was holding me back from doing something that I needed to do on my own. I understand he loves me and wants to protect me with everything he has, but Titan has to understand he is not meant to love. Titan is meant to kill. He was meant to kill me, not to fall in love with me.

I fell with him also and I shouldn't have. I don't even know why I did. Maybe it was the perfect personality, the perfect hair, the perfect facial feature, or the perfect body. Hell, maybe it was his fake metal heart. But I know one thing for sure, he did do me some good. He made me stronger then I was before and I am not going to stand down.

Sometimes you just got to do things yourself.

And that is what I am going to do. I have to. Titan will only slow me down and get the both of us killed. If I am risking my life, I would want him to be saved. Not me. I know that he is not going anywhere. I will be the person who leaves this place in order to save his life and protect him. I love him and that is something that I have to do.

Love is something that a lot of people can not understand. Shit, I don't even understand it. Maybe it is because I am in love with a robot. Who kills people, if I may add. Love is a dark place but it could also be a good place. Me, it's in between. I guess you could say that I have had second thoughts about falling in love with a robot and being with him. But I guess you could also say that love works different ways. Like a killer machine wanting to kill you but ends up falling in love with you instead.

"Do you love me?" Titan's voice ranged through my head. It was like his voice was right in my head how it sounded so clear.

I sighed and shifted gears in the truck, going up a large hill. I couldn't stop thinking about the first night going through these hills as Titan and I ran from the government.

"How can a robot be so realistic and beautiful?" I asked in complete awe. Titan looked over at me and smirked, sending a blush to my face.

"How can a robot seem to fall for someone that was his target?" Titan asked me.

"Touche, Mr. Robot." I laughed and so did Titan. I couldn't help but slide my hand in his. Electricity shot through me, making my face turn extremely red.

"I love when we touch and electricity seems to explode." Titan smiled and so did I. I honestly loved the feeling. It made me feel extremely tingly inside. I wouldn't trade this for the world.
Yet I barely know Titan.

"Do you remember at the restaurant when you first laid eyes on me?" I asked Titan. He looked over at me and nodded his head.

"That day is something I could never forget, Ash." Titan exclaimed. I smiled and nodded, turning to look out the window.

I spotted a family going down the road in a huge minivan, making me smile as the kids had their face glued at the window, looking out. That is something I always wanted. A big family, a nice house, a wonderful job and husband.

"You want a big family don't you?" Titan asked. I looked over at him and raised an eyebrow, wondering how he knew that. Then it dawned on me that he knows what I am feeling.

I nodded and said, "It was a big dream of mine to have a big family and a wonderful job, house, husband and so on." He smirked at me and I rolled my eyes. "I know it sounds really cheesy and corny." I sighed and let go of his hand, crossing my arms and began to pout.

Titan laughed and grabbed my hand and said,"Quit pouting or I may have to pull over the side of the road and show you how much I love when you do that." I blushed and bit on my bottom lip, tempting to do it again. "Oh and I love your cheesiness." He added shortly after, making me blush even harder.

This guy is going to be the death of me.

I smiled and wiped away the strand of tear of the memory. I turned to look out the window and seen bright lights coming directly at me. My eyes widen and the last thing I remembered is everything going black.