Chapter 21 - A huge family

Authors message: ok so I had to write this chapter on my phone because I have no internet. So please excuse the mistakes. 😅 there is about to be a war that breaks lose. Will the survive? Or will they get what they asked for? Let me know what you guys think in the comment box!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Ash's POV
It's been 12 hours since we made it out of the swamp. Right now we are hiding in some underground tornado shelter that we found out in the country. I had to staple Titan's skin together so it could grow back faster. He had a few gun shots but not much. It doesn't even bother him at all. The bullets all shot off of him only ripping some of his skin.

I don't understand why he has became so quiet as I stapled his skin together. It was like the robot that I fell in love with was somewhere else. His robotic mind was somewhere that have no clue where.

"I am sorry for being quiet." Titan blurted out, making me jump back a little from being scared.

He titled his head at me and began to study my thoughts once again.

I huffed and said, "Titan, do me a favor and quit reading my thoughts. It's rude to avoid my privacy."

He smirked and got up walking over to the door, tilting his head.

"Someone is coming." He pointed out and turned to me, grabbing onto my hand and pulling me into hiding.

"Titan." I called out but he hushed me, making me pout like a baby.

I watched as the shelter door opened and in came the sun light.

"Ok Sheila! I'll put this down her and be right back!" An older voice shouted. I chuckled about how weird the old guy sounded like he had a southern accent or something.

"Who's down here?" The old man shouted.

"I got a gun and if you don't get off my damn property I'll kill ya'!" He shouted and looked around.

Next thing I knew I was standing up and began to talk.

"Um sir?" I called out nervously. He jumped and turned around.

"Why you on my property, boy?" He asked sternly.

I looked down at Titan who was giving me an evil, yet flat glare.

"My boyfriend got shot so I came down here and stitched him up. I hope you don't mind." He raised an eyebrow at me as Titan stood up, looking at the old guy and turning his head to the side.

"He is one of them robots for the government isn't he?" The old man asked.

How did he know such a thing?

"Um no sir. Why do you think that?" I tried to say truthfully.

"I see the way he is looking at me. He's studying me." He pointed out to Titan.

"Ronald Gregory Michaels. 58 years old payed taxes last month and clean record except for stealing a candy bar when he was 7." Titan said calmly.

My eyes widen. I never heard him do that out loud. I wonder what goes in that mind if his?

"Aw be damn. Come in for a home cook meal. You done this country good for taking out threats!" He cheered and started yelling for his wife and ran out of the shelter.

"Sheila! I found a robot! Sheila! Sheila!" I started laughing at the excited old man, hoping that it would be ok to go for some food.

"He is very excited." Titan said looking directly at me. I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand, and following the old man into the house.

"Oh my lord! A robot!" An old lady whom I'm assuming is Sheila shouted.

Titan studied her for a second and raised an eyebrow.

"I'm sorry we can't stay. We have to get back to the city. Nice to meet you." Titan said and grabbed my hand, pulling me out to their truck.

"Grab out stuff." He demanded as he started the truck up. I nodded and ran down in the shelter and began to hear gun shots. My eyes shot up as I pulled out a gun and ran up the stairs. The old lady was shooting at Titan as the old man laid dead on the ground.

She's a robot also....

I remembered Titan saying something about certain bullets to kill a robot. I opened up my bag and grabbed the shotgun and the huge shells.

I loaded the gun up and pointed it directly at her.

"Hey you old hag!" I shouted and pulled the trigger the bullet went right through her head, making sparks go everywhere. My eyes wide. As I looked at what i just did. Her head is blown completely off....

I shook my head and grabbed the bags, running over to Titan and getting in the truck.

I stayed silent as we drove down the back roads off the interstate, avoiding any sign of cops.

"You ok?" Titan asked me. I looked over at him and gave him an assuring smile.

He smiled back as he gestured me to sit next to him. I did as he said as he pulled me close to his boys and my head rested on his shoulder.

"We are going to get everything taking care of, my love. The we can live a happy life together." Titan whispered into my ear.

I looked up at him and smiled so big. "And a family?" I asked.

He nodded and said, "And a family. A huge family." I smiled and placed my lips on his cheek, giving him a soft kiss.

"I love you Titan." I said while I felt my eyes closing.

"I love you Ash." Titan responded before darkness took over.