Chapter 30

"How dare you make fun of my mother?" she vented out with wrath and affliction. Pero imbes na maawa ay tinawanan ko lang s'ya. Iba talaga kapag karma na ang naniningil. 

She really looked pathetic right now, and I can see myself at her back then when I'm also mourning my family's death.

Lumapit ito sa akin at marahas na sinampal ako sa pisngi. I already expected this, but hinayaan ko lang s'ya. Humarap ako at ngumiti sa kaniya. Without hesitation, I slapped her hard on both cheeks, causing her to lose her balance and stumble on the floor. Hinawi ko ang buhok na nakaharang sa mukha ko at ngumisi sa kaniya ng nakakaloko.

"Your face is really thick, huh? My palm got hurt. You should apologize, Amber." But instead of replying, she was just staring at me incredulity. Her face, where I slapped her, is reddish now, and the left side of her lips is bleeding.

I grinned. "Oh my, did I slap you too hard? I'm sorry, but not sorry....you deserve that."

Pangahas na tumayo ito at akmang sasaktan na naman ako ulit, pero may mga braso na yumakap dito para pigilan s'ya.

"Enough, Amber," mahinahong sabi ni Jaden sa kapatid. But Amber didn't calm down and instead became blustery while his brother was hugging her.

"Let me go, Hermano! I'm going to kill her for ruining our family! So, why are you stopping me?!"

Tumingin si Jaden sa akin. Pinanliitan ko lang s'ya ng mata at tumawa ng bahagya.

"What? Are you going to blame me also for your mother's death?" I raised my eyebrow. "But you know it does sound familiar, isn't it?" ngumisi ako. "Oh yes! I almost forgot...Alora also killed herself because of the pain you inflicted on her back then, am I right? I hope you didn't forget about that, Jaden."

He looked away, but it didn't escape my eyes the pain and guilt that glistened on his face. You sowed pain, betrayal, and hoax, so you reap double what you've caused me. Amber kept on screaming and yelling, telling his brother to let her go so that she could kill me.

"AMBER, I TOLD YOU TO STOP BLAMING AND POINTING OUT ALL THE BLAME TOWARDS THEM!" singhal nito sa kapatid. "Please, Amber, enough already. It's not... It's not their fault, okay?"

"W-why? Why are you taking their side, Hermano? Our family was now ruined because of them...and besides, why did you do that? Why?!" Amber shrieked with too much anger.

Blangkong nakatitig lang ako sa kanila habang nagtatalo. Seeing them fighting and in rage makes my heart flutter in satisfaction. Jaden didn't reply and was just bowing relentlessly, helpless, and defeated. Kung hindi niyo lang sana ginawang katawa tawa ang buhay ko edi sana okay tayong lahat hanggang ngayon.

"I'll be going now," putol ko sa drama nila. "Don't worry, I'm not that heartless. I will give the both of you enough time and space to mourn your mother's death. You can also hold a funeral for her." I walked away with them after I said those.

"Why are you doing this to us?"

I stopped but didn't face her. "You already know the answer to the question you have asked, Amber, so why would I bother to explain myself to you all over again? You are not my obligation."

I left them speechless in the grand hall. I called out a royal knight to wave the empire's flag to let the villagers know that their beloved Queen has fallen and died. This could be the end of everything, but this is just the beginning. Aaminin ko may parte sa akin na nasaktan dahil sa nangyari sa Reyna, pero kailanman ay hindi ko naging responsabilidad ang nangyari.

I am not invalidating the act of suicide because Queen Miranda might have felt the same when I also killed myself; she didn't die because she killed herself; she has fallen because of her husband's selfishness and greed. Her husband was the one who pushed her to do that. Kung hindi naging ganid ang asawa niya, baka hanggang ngayon ay masaya pa rin sila.