9 Monday

We woke up dragging to St. Ignacias. Maura was definitely a morning person.

Julianne left to go to her class. I spoke with Maura with a double shot of expresso in my coffee before I headed to my classroom. Maura had brought me coffee and a cinnamon roll.  My cinnamon roll was eaten before I left the faculty lounge .
Jane: Since we won the championship in the freshman and varsity softball team, there will be no pop quiz this week. I still expect you to read chapters 10 - 12 and know it by tomorrow.  This time will give you time to write a fictional story  in Italian.  I expect it to be turned in by the end of the class.  This will go for all my classes today. As I know the other classes will have this knowledge once this period ends.

I started working on the roll call but not calling out their names. I handed it in myself to the office and returned with a green apple and a bottle water to drink while I got my sketch pad out to draw my immediate family portrait watching a game in Boston.

In my office,  I  was dealing with the lawyers who was fighting the lawsuit from the suspended students.  The bishop of the diocese requested I allow them to return next week. They would work cleaning the bathrooms after school. The adults would pay for the labor and other expenses. I contacted the parents. They dropped the lawsuit and immediately wrote checks to the school and the other places. The girls were   told by their fathers. The fathers called me back. All but one girl was okay with their consequences. I didn't care.   Lunch time arrived and I left to go to the diocese to have lunch  with the bishop to discuss what transpired.

Julianne: Mom really no pop quiz. Many of your students are saying you are too nice. I am going to go eat my lunch that I brought.

My daughter left and I did not feel like eating in the faculty lounge with the teachers. I ate in my classroom and listened to music.
The bell rang. I changed the station to a station that played Italian music. I kept it on this station for the rest of my classes. Julianne had softball practice. I stayed in my class to read and grade the students stories close  to five o'clock.I prefer to grade papers,quizzes and tests at school than take it home.

Maura asked me how my day went as we both were leaving the campus.  I told her how my day was. She informed me of the girls consequences. I chuckled as well as Maura. We parted ways. I  went home to make enchiladas, Spanish rice with salad and lemonade for dinner. Julianne told me how her day was. She went to her room for the night to do her school work.
I cleaned the kitchen after I made our lunches and did a load of laundry before I took a shower and went to bed.

Maura's  bedroom...Rony Cabrera called me to update me on the winery because Katelyn was sick with the flu. Rony was staying at the mansion so she could help her if it is needed.  I spoke with my sister and reminded her to ask our mother for help. She told me our mother was on her way to baby her. She than ran to the bathroom dropped the phone. I hung up  and read a little before falling asleep.