12

I woke up and left for Dr. Isles house before my mom made breakfast. My truck was loaded with boxes.  I turned up my stereo singing along with it.  As I got closer to the guard armed gate,I turned my stereo down and put in the access code and waited for the wrought iron gate to open to drive thru. I finally drove thru and drove to my new home. I backed my truck up.  Dr. Isles opened hee front door.

Maura: Come in I see you have your truck packed.  I will help you. I have a quiche cooking. I am guessing you haven't eaten breakfast yet.
I am telling Julianne this as we are carrying the boxes from inside her truck first.

Maura: We can put the stuff in your bedroom but no going in your bathroom.  It's is still drying and we are to stay out of there.

We continue going back and forth until we bring them all in. We finally start eating after we washed up.

Julianne: I will come by after school after practice too with boxes from my room and other places too. I told my mother this last night.
Maura: She text me telling me this.

Julianne: Dr. ISLES I AM STRUGGLING ON WHAT NAME TO CALL YOU IN PRIVATE AND PUBLIC.
Maura: I  see that. Please call me whatever you want sweetie. Whatever makes you comfortable.
Julianne: Thank you for breakfast and the delicious breakfast. I need to get going as this is the last week of school.

I hug Maura and tell her goodbye mom.
I leave.

When Julianne hugged me and called me mom I almost lost it crying. I started cleaning up the kitchen and my land line rang. It was Jane asking me if Julianne arrived. I told her yes and I fed her breakfast. I started crying and Jane asks me why I tell her that Julianne hugged me and thanked me for making breakfast and called me mom.  Jane said if it was okay for her to do it. I tell her yes as I always wanted to be a mother. Now I gave a chance to be one e even though I am not her biological mother.  Jane tells me it doesn't matter and she is glad her daughter called me mom. She tells me she loves me and I say it back to her in Italian. She giggles and we end the call. I finished cleaning and remove my apron and walk to the downstairs laundry room  I hear Julie Baker and her employees enter my home.
Julie: Morning Maura  Maura: Morning . Please don't go into Julianne's bedroom.  You will know it when you see it. It's full of boxes. Please make sure everyone stays out of there. I'm off to work.

Julie tells her workers not to go in there as I am leaving my home.

I had midterm exams in all my classes today. I felt good about taking them. We had a basketball away game today. I drove my truck and met my teammates with my two cousins. My grandparents,cousins, auntie Kiki, Auntie, Gloria,  auntie Laura ,auntie Jill, my three cousins, Antonio,  Olivia and Avery, my uncle Frankie,Tommy, uncle Frosty and aunt Nina along with my mother being my coach and Dr. Isles.

We warmed up by running around the gymnasium,  stretching and shooting the ball.

Jane: All come in.

My mom told us which five were playing and how she wanted us playing 1:1 ratio. I thought to myself and hoping we all could do it well. I didn't want no one pooping out.

We were playing and it took alot out of my teammates playing1:1. I was use to it. My mom and other coaches from Boston had me and my teammates playing 1:1 the entire games.  I was use to fast breaks and 1:1 ratio. We won.  I thanked everyone for coming and told them I was heading home to take more boxes to my mom's home. My cousin and aunt Kiki along with mu aunt Gloria tell me they will follow me to help me. My aunt Kiki is my favorite aunt tells me that we will go have pizza her treat. My cousins and I say cool in unison.

We all leave.

Angela: Janie she called Maura Mom. Is she okay with that?
Jane: Mom it was her own idea and yes. She always wanted to be a mom.  Now she can be. It made her cry when she told that to me when I called her this morning.