crybaby

"i think I try too hard
How I look, what I do,
what I'm saying"

<3

Madison

I sighed as I looked through my closet, scanning every item as I looked for the perfect one.

"Don't you have like a thousand outfits, Maddy?" Valentina asked through the phone.

"And yet nothing is working!"

I complained as I threw another dress back into my closet. Paige had given me no dress code or even told me if it was casual or formal. So now i was stuck overthinking everything I owned.

"Look, you're trying to hard! Just pick a nice outfit and stick with it. You're gonna look hot either way."

I laughed softly at the last comment, but deciding she was right and I was simply overthinking it all. That and I had ten minutes until Paige should've been arriving.

I finally picked out a formal yet casual outfit. I touched up both my hair and makeup before saying bye to Val and heading out of the house.

As soon I stepped out of the apartment building, Paige pulled up.

"Maddy!" Azzi yelled from the passenger seat.

"Azzi!"

I got into the backseat behind Azzi, immediately being greeted with some SZA song. Which Paige sung her heart out to.

The drive from my apartment to the restaurant wasn't long, and we arrived within fifteen minutes.

We all got out of Paige's car and headed inside.

We immediately met with all the other girls, who were already seated at a long table. The three of us sat down in seats that weren't already taken. My seat being between Paige and Aubrey.

We all ordered our choice of drinks while we waited for our meals to come.

The girls went on talking about the season and the games, while I sat listening to them. I didn't say anything, since I wasn't on the team and didn't know much about basketball.

Paige must've saw how lost I was in their conversation, so she turned the attention to me by asking, "So, Maddy, how did you get into photography?"

All heads were now towards me, waiting on my answer.

"Oh, I just always have been. It was kinda a part time job in high school, and now something I'm really interested in." I responded, my eyes only being on Paige as I answered her question.

She nodded her head, our eyes still being stuck on each other.

Nika spoke up, breaking the awkward silence at the table. Which had only lasted a couple seconds, but felt like an eternity.

"So, you'll be going to every game with us?"

"Yeah, kinda." I nodded, smiling as she returned the smile.

The rest of the dinner went on normally. We all ate the food we ordered and talked about past and future games.

Throughout the dinner, I would talk to everyone on the team. I got to know most of the girls a lot more and had pretty easy going conversations.

About an hour later, a few girls had already left and the chatter was dying down.

"You ready to go?" Paige mumbled in a tone only we could hear.

"Whenever you are." I simply replied, not wanting Paige to leave just because of me. She just gave me a sweet smile, and turned back to the rest of the girls.

"Hey guys, I'm gonna head out. You guy coming?" She asked Azzi, who looked as if she definitely wasn't ready to leave.

"I can take her back, Paige." Nika spoke up, her eyes going between Paige and I as I stood up to leave with her. Paige replied with a nod before we both headed out to her car.

As we got into the car, Paige offered aux to me. I ended up just putting on a Frank Ocean song. Because how could you not like Frank Ocean.

Along the way home, I ended up asking Paige a couple questions about the games and team. We talked the whole way home about how the season will look, the games, and the team. But our conversation was cut short as we pulled up to my apartment building.

"Thanks for the ride." I thanked her, grabbing my bag.

"And the invite, of course."

"No problem. Glad you came."

I waved bye to her and shut the car door, walking off into my apartment building and to the elevator. The whole way up to my apartment, I couldn't help but think about Paige and the little moments we shared. I was probably reading way too much into it, but it was something that never left my mind that night.

Instagram

Instagram

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

••

Liked by: @paigebueckers, @nika

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Liked by: @paigebueckers, @nika.muhl, @valentina_dixon and 5,290 others...

@maddy.monroe: made you look

View Comments...

valentina_dixon: come home bae 😍
Liked by creator.

nika.muhl: literally so pretty
maddy.monroe: all you 💋

random.729: your hand in marriage?

otherrandom.927: 😻😻

———

hi again
hope your enjoying
bye ✌️

𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒅 ⭐︎ 𝒑𝒂𝒊𝒈𝒆 𝒃𝒖𝒆𝒄𝒌𝒆𝒓𝒔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें