ivy

"If you could see my thoughts
you would see your face"

<3

Maddy

"You guys WHAT?" Val yelled through the phone, making me pull it away from my ear before bringing it back.

I just got out of my last class for the day and was on my way to my apartment. But while walking to my car, I felt it was only right to call Val and tell her about the kiss Paige and I shared.

The girls had a practice today, but I decided it was best if I didn't go. Not because I was trying to avoid Paige or anything. I just felt like there was a better time for us to talk about the kiss. I just haven't figured that time out yet.

"Wait so are you guys like dating now?"

"Not exactly. We haven't even talked about it."

"Well, you need to."

"I know." I groaned as I got into my car, putting my phone on speaker and setting it down.

"They have a game coming up, I'll talk to her after it."

"Good, I have to go and get this homework done. I'll call you later."

"Alright. I love you, bye."

After the call ended, I decided to pull into the parking lot of a cafe, deciding to pick up some coffee before going back to my apartment.

I walked in and ordered my usual drink, with a strawberry muffin.

After a few minutes, I was handed a bag with my coffee. Once I got both the things I ordered, I walked out of the cafe and back to my car.

"Maddy?" A voice called for me.

"Cindy?" I turned to be met with the same girl I met through Paige.

"Hey! How have you been?" She asked with her usual preppy voice.

"The same," I shrugged, being slightly confused about why she was talking to me since she'd never attempted to make conversation before.

"Well, as you may or may not know, tomorrow's my birthday and I'm throwing a party. You should come!"

"Oh, I don't kno-" I started, trying to find some excuse to not go.

"Come on, it'll be fun. Here let me give you my number so I can text you the details."

As much of a non-party person as I was, I decided just to get over it and hand her my phone. I watched as she typed in her number before handing the phone back to me.

"See you there." She winked before walking into the coffee shop I just walked out of.

Paige

"Have you even tried to talk to her?" Azzi asked, dribbling the ball in front of her feet before passing it to me.

"It's easier said than done, Azzi." I took the ball and immediately tossed it to the rim.

"It doesn't matter how easy it is, P." She said as she grabbed the ball and held it at her side. "You need to before she thinks you don't like her or something."

"That's the problem, I don't even know if she likes me back! I kissed her and she ran."

"She ran because I walked in." Azzi passed the ball to me, throwing it back into the hoop.

"Look, Cindy's party is coming up. Why don't you talk to her there?" Azzi asked, grabbing the ball and shooting it in herself.

"Alright, whatever." I sighed, giving in and walking over to my stuff to take a water break.

Maybe Azzi was right. But part of me still couldn't shake off the thought of her running because she didn't like me back. No matter how hard I tried to push it away.

————

hi baes
very short chap but i hope you guys still enjoyed
love yall 😘